Web development and programming

Forum :: Technical Questions

Page: 1
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 13, 2009 12:50 AM
If anyone is interesting in building a website, ask for help here. I have a lot of experience building database driven websites.

You can also ask general programming questions.

I run Sleepycomics.com
Jakken

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 22, 2009 02:26 AM
Well one day I would like to open up a fan fiction website, preferably a sleepy type fan fiction web site. but right now I lack two important things, Money and not knowing anything about websites. Now I did make a website about Eminem back in grade 8 with dream weaver but thats pretty basic what you can do if you could make it with like Java script or other methods. If you would like to discuss it Red I would be more then happy too, My email and IM stuff is in my profile^_^

ILM of JMJ July 31 1988-May 29,2006 Miss you bro.
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 22, 2009 07:46 AM
Quote:
Well one day I would like to open up a fan fiction website, preferably a sleepy type fan fiction web site. but right now I lack two important things, Money and not knowing anything about websites.

Well the money issue is moot, because you are obviously using the internet right now, which costs money. Starting a website costs zero dollars. The only thing it costs is time.

If all you want to do is post fan fiction, why not start a blog? Every week post a new story. I could advertise it here. Starting a blog is not difficult either.

I run Sleepycomics.com
Jakken

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 22, 2009 07:42 PM
That is a idea, I would apreciate that, but I dont know if would generate good critisimn though. I mean, my first ever sleepy story involves more then just KOing. It also involves other interests of mine.I am also working on another story at the moment. But if you would want me too post them I would more then honored too.Oh to anyone who will read this these fan fics Only one of them has a editor. Sadly my sleepy one doesnt. Mostly im too embarrised to tell my buddy about it. So allot of the corrections are my own. Im no novelist by any means. I just enjoy writing stories. Thanks again for the blog idea Red.

Modified on: 2009-10-22 17:06:04
ILM of JMJ July 31 1988-May 29,2006 Miss you bro.
lurkndog

View Profile
Post Date: Jan 01, 2010 08:27 PM
Red, I'm curious how you set up the donation page for this site. I have a friend who might want to set up something similar to support his ministry efforts.

Did you use some kind of existing script/toolkit to set up the donation page, and also what webserver are you using?

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Jan 14, 2010 12:22 AM
Quote:
Red, I'm curious how you set up the donation page for this site. I have a friend who might want to set up something similar to support his ministry efforts.

Did you use some kind of existing script/toolkit to set up the donation page, and also what webserver are you using?

I use a third party company called PayPal! I just added their link to my site. They take a small fee, but I think it's worth it.

I run Sleepycomics.com
Page: 1
Page creation time: 0.006511