Something has bothered me in all the super heroe shows I have watched.

Forum :: Random Discussion

Page: 1
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Jan 09, 2010 12:37 AM
Ok. I know this seems a little pointless but, why is it when a masked villain or hero gets KO'ed no one unmasks them to see who they really are? I mean yeah it would ruin a comic or what ever, but when ever they want to unmask a person they wait till their awake. why not why they sleep or knocked out? So I just wanted to see if anyone has the same thought.

ILM of JMJ July 31 1988-May 29,2006 Miss you bro.
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Jan 09, 2010 12:45 AM
Well, it's the same reason why villains always give a monologue before they attempt to destroy the hero. It's all for drama, and if the villains took the easy way out we would not have a show. Yeah, it's stupid, but it's entertaining.

I run Sleepycomics.com
Jakken

View Profile
Post Date: Jan 09, 2010 01:37 AM
Good point red. Thats why I wouldnt tell my plan before killing somone. then it wouldnt be foiled.:P

The_Joker

View Profile
Post Date: Jan 09, 2010 09:46 PM
Yeah, Joker sums that up in "Mad Love".

Harley Quinn: "Why don't you just shoot him?"
Joker: "Just shoot him?" Know this, my sweet: the death of Batman must be nothing less than a masterpiece! The triumph of my sheer comic genius over his ridiculous mask and gadgets!"

The really good villains are driven by more than just money or power. A sense of theatrics, or a type of code that makes it more about the style rather than the crime itself. It's simple more fun that way!

Jakken

View Profile
Post Date: Jan 09, 2010 11:49 PM
You both have good points. one thing I must say..JOKER RULES!

paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Jan 10, 2010 01:53 AM
Quote:
Ok. I know this seems a little pointless but, why is it when a masked villain or hero gets KO'ed no one unmasks them to see who they really are? I mean yeah it would ruin a comic or what ever, but when ever they want to unmask a person they wait till their awake. why not why they sleep or knocked out? So I just wanted to see if anyone has the same thought.

I think this is the only example I know of, but in Femforce #119 (a super great cover, by the way) the Blue Bulleteer is KO'd, dragged, tied up. Then she is unmasked before she is fully awake. It is one of my all time favorite books and sequence of scenes -- she is so great looking. Too bad it's in black and white, still the KO scene is what you say you are looking for Jakken, and guess what, you can check it out real easy on sleepycomics.com How about that?!!

Meec

View Profile
Post Date: Aug 18, 2010 02:50 AM
I've always wondered that !

Same thing with the James Bond villains not just killing him when he's at their mercy.

I guess superhero/superspy badguys are just silly, impractical types

Page: 1
Page creation time: 0.009141