Cliffhanger serials from the 1930's + 1940's

Forum :: Sleepy and Bondage Talk

Page: 1 2 3
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Mar 06, 2015 01:08 AM
Quote:
One of the best of the cliffhangers was "The Ghost of Zorro". Sadly there are apparently no good copies of it. They have either been lost or not well stored and allowed to deteriorate. It was made in 1949 and starred "The Lone Ranger" Clayton Moore and a pretty actress Pamela Blake who also starred in several other cliffhangers. I have seen some copies of it but they are very poor quality.

Pamela Blake got knocked out 6 times in this serial. Sometimes got socked on the jaw or got shoved against a wall etc. while trying to help the hero Zorro. Once an Indian hit her in the back of the head with a tomahawk. Really good action and heroine peril. No skimpy costumes, no pretty legs to look at but it was hot for its time and was one of the very best of all the serials. Pamela Blake was a favorite of mine. Good actress.

There are some very good copies of "The Ghost of Zorro" on Youtube. The Tomahawk HKO occurs toward the end of episode #2 and is reprised right at the beginning of episode 3.
In episode 11 the Heroine is pistol whipped by one of the bad guys.

As mentioned there are several other KOS.

oldslim1

View Profile
Post Date: Mar 07, 2015 06:55 PM
Thanks a million for the advice. It never occurred to me to check for this on YouTube. You are right. Several of those copies are much better than the one I have. I have watched several of them since I read your post. This is probably my favorite of all those cliffhangers. Lots of action, pretty heroine and she was continually involved in the action scenes and got knocked out about every 2 chapters. Thanks again.

gytalf2000

View Profile
Post Date: Mar 10, 2015 01:14 PM
Quote:
Thanks a million for the advice. It never occurred to me to check for this on YouTube. You are right. Several of those copies are much better than the one I have. I have watched several of them since I read your post. This is probably my favorite of all those cliffhangers. Lots of action, pretty heroine and she was continually involved in the action scenes and got knocked out about every 2 chapters. Thanks again.

Hey, I just added the serial to my favorites!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLgQl3uYxWE

gytalf2000

View Profile
Post Date: Mar 10, 2015 01:18 PM
Quote:

Just now saw the tomahawk KO. Very nice!

Page: 1 2 3
Page creation time: 0.006622