An introduction, a suggestion, and a question

Forum :: Praise, Criticism and Site Help

Page: 1
Author

View Profile
Post Date: May 17, 2011 09:56 PM
Merinthos here, posting to the board for the first time. The other boards, ADIDAS, AVGDID, and WC have all been shut down, and so I've decided to make this place my second home away from deviantArt. Let's hope things pan out a bit better this time.

I've noticed that this site has become much more active recently, there have been many new scenes posted recently from comics and manga, and even some unofficial sources like doujinshi and fanart have been listed here. I've seen some animated TV screencaps posted as well, though they are still in the minority. Does this site endorse the posting of other media besides comics? I was just wondering.

And IMO, we could use some new tags and subcategories, especially if this place continues to grow. Unofficial art should have it's own subsection, as should different types of media like the ones I mentioned. Also, I would really like a search feature that lists scenes by date of publication, so we can filter out the newer, more modern scenes from the vintage ones.

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: May 17, 2011 10:15 PM
Hi Merinthos. Yeah I tried to goto Western Civ today and to my surprise it was gone! You know what happened?

Good suggestions all around. Yes, this is primarily a comics/anime/manga/cartoon site, so media other than comics is more than welcome. The one thing I don't have a lot of is real life scenes.

Yes I agree, the site is growing and getting a little difficult to sort through. One thing I'd like to add is the ability for users to tag scenes the way they see fit.

What kind of tags are you looking for?

I run Sleepycomics.com
merinthos

View Profile
Post Date: May 17, 2011 11:26 PM
What kind of tags am I looking for? Well, there's a site called Danbooru with tags for just about every occasion, you might know of it, or you might not. They have a huge list, if you type in something like "angry" or "scared" then you see pictures that show those emotions in the characters, you can also find pictures of girls wearing some specific article of clothing like "ascot," bikini," "hairband," etc. You might find some good ideas by going there.

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: May 17, 2011 11:43 PM
Wow, that site is incredible. It is an example of extreme tagging, where users can tag whatever they want. Which has advantages and disadvantages.

I like sleepycomics.com in that every scene falls into a small set of discrete categories, but it also makes it difficult to sift through all those scenes.

My next feature will probably be user tags, I think that would be very useful.

I run Sleepycomics.com
MORKOS

View Profile
Post Date: May 17, 2011 11:43 PM
I'm not familiar with ADIDAS, AVGDID, and WC. Were they like this?

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: May 17, 2011 11:49 PM
Quote:
I'm not familiar with ADIDAS, AVGDID, and WC. Were they like this?

Those sites were the hubs for the online bondage community. They were forums. They frequently posted comic scans, mostly bondage themed but with some KO's.

sleepycomics.com is unique in that it tries to archive every KO scene out there. I don't think there is anything like this site.

I run Sleepycomics.com
Page: 1
Page creation time: 0.005816