Comic book subscriptions.

Forum :: Random Discussion

Page: 1
Author

View Profile
Post Date: May 21, 2011 02:38 PM
Thinking about subscribing to Supergirl. Kind of a pain to go down to the local comic book store when I dont have much time. So just want to get some info about subscriptions if anyone here does subscribe.

How long after the release date of an issue do you receive it? And is it worth it or should I just stick to the local comic book shop?

tranqdowner

View Profile
Post Date: May 21, 2011 06:01 PM
Quote:
Thinking about subscribing to Supergirl. Kind of a pain to go down to the local comic book store when I dont have much time. So just want to get some info about subscriptions if anyone here does subscribe.

How long after the release date of an issue do you receive it? And is it worth it or should I just stick to the local comic book shop?

I've found price is the same vieiwng the edition via comixology

The only drawback is you're not supporting the local
business

To be fair if I want that edition as part of my collection
then I'll buy it (the paper version and archive

SSSSIPP !!, AAAGHH!!, mmmm... (thump)
sgfan1

View Profile
Post Date: May 22, 2011 03:11 PM
Quote:
Quote:

I've found price is the same vieiwng the edition via comixology

The only drawback is you're not supporting the local
business

To be fair if I want that edition as part of my collection
then I'll buy it (the paper version and archive

Well I really dont want to subscribe to view comics digitally. I really like having the book itself. I think I might just stick to the comic book store. Thanks for the reply.

yop666

View Profile
Post Date: May 22, 2011 05:42 PM
If you want to make it real easy for yourself, just download the comics every week through torrents. Much easier, faster and doesnt cost you a thing.

Xenaphon

View Profile
Post Date: May 27, 2011 04:28 AM
Best to stick to your local comic shop - they are struggling these days.

The_Joker

View Profile
Post Date: Jun 20, 2011 05:21 AM
Oh, they'll be struggling even more, especially after this DC Universe reboot takes place. It doesn't look good, Jim Lee's doing them. Now everything will have that 90's vibe to it. Gah!

sgfan1

View Profile
Post Date: Jun 20, 2011 11:05 PM
Quote:
Oh, they'll be struggling even more, especially after this DC Universe reboot takes place. It doesn't look good, Jim Lee's doing them. Now everything will have that 90's vibe to it. Gah!

Decided to just head on over to the local comic shop. Havent picked up this months Supergirl. Have to do that tomorrow or soon.

And I agree with the whole reboot thing looking bad. I was ticked to say the least when I heard that. I mean Supergirl's story is going great now ever since Sterling Gates and continues on now. Now DC is going to throw all that out the window, and not only that, the new Supergirl costume is HORRIBLE. I cannot stand it. Plus I started reading Batman The Dark Knight and it's great. Now thats going to stop too. Bullshit. I think DC has lost me as a customer.

Page: 1
Page creation time: 0.006194