Star Ratings

Forum :: Praise, Criticism and Site Help

Page: 1
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 10, 2011 01:11 AM
As a sometime poster, and farily frequent rater, I was wondering if anyone had ever thought much about how to tabulate a "star rating" for scenes on the site. A rating is completely subjective, of course, but I was wondering if anyone else used some sort of criterion for rating sleepy scenes with the "five star" system...Here's mine, any comments, or disagreements, would be welcome!

* (one star)- An largely unimpressive scene. Dialoge is poor;quality of art is average/below average; KO method is unoriginal; scan is average; no historical or unusual "special circumstances".
** (two stars) - An average to slightly-above-average scene. There can be some part of the scene that is worthwhile (good verbal taunting;an obscure character; a well-drawn, if not notable, KO..) Two stars indicates a scene that might not work for me, but others might find outstanding.
*** (three stars)- An above-average scene. Character is a personal fave; KO is unusual; Art/text is very good, even if the scene itself is so-so. Genre is a personal fave (in my case, Jungle Girls or Superheroines). Three stars is usually my starting point for rating a scene..out of respect to the posters, I very rarely add a rating that is lower then this...
**** (four stars) - An outstanding scene. Scans are clear; text/artwork is very much above average; The girl in the scene is drawn particularly well (don't know from dudes) ; action is captured dynamically; historical importance can raise a *** to a **** on certain occasions (pre-Code Fiction House books, for example); A close-to-perfect scene.
***** (five stars) - Perfection. The artist has captured just about every important element of a sleeping damsel scene; No short-cuts, or "action between the panels" that the reader has to imagine. A scene where I almost feel like the artist/creater read my mind, and transposed it to the page.

Anyway, not to go on and on, but that's how I reach my ratings...anyone else have a system?

tranqdowner

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 12, 2011 03:10 PM

Modified on: 2011-07-12 12:11:35
SSSSIPP !!, AAAGHH!!, mmmm... (thump)
tranqdowner

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 12, 2011 03:11 PM
Quote:
As a sometime poster, and farily frequent rater, I was wondering if anyone had ever thought much about how to tabulate a "star rating" for scenes on the site. A rating is completely subjective, of course, but I was wondering if anyone else used some sort of criterion for rating sleepy scenes with the "five star" system...Here's mine, any comments, or disagreements, would be welcome!

* (one star)- An largely unimpressive scene. Dialoge is poor;quality of art is average/below average; KO method is unoriginal; scan is average; no historical or unusual "special circumstances".
** (two stars) - An average to slightly-above-average scene. There can be some part of the scene that is worthwhile (good verbal taunting;an obscure character; a well-drawn, if not notable, KO..) Two stars indicates a scene that might not work for me, but others might find outstanding.
*** (three stars)- An above-average scene. Character is a personal fave; KO is unusual; Art/text is very good, even if the scene itself is so-so. Genre is a personal fave (in my case, Jungle Girls or Superheroines). Three stars is usually my starting point for rating a scene..out of respect to the posters, I very rarely add a rating that is lower then this...
**** (four stars) - An outstanding scene. Scans are clear; text/artwork is very much above average; The girl in the scene is drawn particularly well (don't know from dudes) ; action is captured dynamically; historical importance can raise a *** to a **** on certain occasions (pre-Code Fiction House books, for example); A close-to-perfect scene.
***** (five stars) - Perfection. The artist has captured just about every important element of a sleeping damsel scene; No short-cuts, or "action between the panels" that the reader has to imagine. A scene where I almost feel like the artist/creater read my mind, and transposed it to the page.

Anyway, not to go on and on, but that's how I reach my ratings...anyone else have a system?

Sound resonable Problem is some people flame your works rating with 1 to 2 stars for everything and they temselvs have nothing original

SSSSIPP !!, AAAGHH!!, mmmm... (thump)
Page: 1
Page creation time: 0.007434