What kind of music do you listen to?

Forum :: Random Discussion

Page: 1 2
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 05, 2009 11:33 PM
So, to start off the new Random Discussion forum, I'll ask a simple question:

What kind of music do you listen to? The most generic question in the entire world!

Personally, I like rock music, bands like Rage Against the Machine, Metallica, Underoath. I also enjoy pop-punk, bands like Yellowcard, All Time Low, We The Kings and Anberlin.

What do you guys listen to?

I run Sleepycomics.com
The_Joker

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 06, 2009 06:56 PM
It might be easier if I list what I don't listen to. I enjoy Classical music, especially Shostakovitch, Big Band stuff, Oldies, especially the Beatles, Film and Movie soundtracks, and 80's music. My favorite current band is Evanescence.

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 06, 2009 07:01 PM
Quote:
It might be easier if I list what I don't listen to. I enjoy Classical music, especially Shostakovitch, Big Band stuff, Oldies, especially the Beatles, Film and Movie soundtracks, and 80's music. My favorite current band is Evanescence.

Evanescence ain't bad. Do you like Classic Rock? Led Zepplin, Gun's n Roses?

I run Sleepycomics.com
yop666

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 06, 2009 07:45 PM
I listen to almost everything. Hiphop, rap, R&B, Rock, Jazz, soul, funk, pop. I dont have a specific preference. I do have some artists which I really enjoy and visit when they're in my country.

Joss Stone
John Legend
John Mayer
Amy Winehouse
Alicia Keys
Jason Mraz
Kanye West (I'M REAL HAPPY FOR YA! BUT UUHH... FAUSTA HAD THE BEST CHLOROFORM SCENE OF ALL TIME! OF ALL TIME!!!)

Also there are so many artists which I just listen a lot too. Michael Jackson (I was a fan before he died ), Jay-Z, Stevie Wonder, Nas, Ne-Yo, Duffy, The Game, Lenny Kravitz, Jimi Hendrix, The Eagles, Justin Timberlake and also a lot of old Motown... The list goes on and on.

When I go out however I listen to something that's called 'Dirty House' which originated in Holland a couple years ago. Like Techno but more focused on the party and beat element. DJ's such as Laidback Luke, Chuckie, Erick E, Roog, Ryan Marciano and Sunnery James and stuff like that. I spend a lot of money on those parties as well.

I play the guitar too... Both electric and acoustic. The real reason to start playing was to get chicks and that works, but I enjoy just playing nowadays too. I've got an old western guitar which belonged to my uncle (brand unknown, really) and I've got an old Fender Stratocaster which used to belong to that same uncle.

Wow thats a lot of music for ya.

Modified on: 2009-10-06 16:46:06
The_Joker

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 06, 2009 07:48 PM
Yeah, I like Led Zepplin ans Guns N Roses. I like Pink Floyd too. I do like Metallica and Ramstein as well.

Chloro_Kid

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 07, 2009 05:06 AM
Let's start with my favourite bands: System of a down, metallica, motorhead, gorillaz, beastie boys.
This doesn't mean I don't like other bands or other kinds of music.
Irony, I don't like the music of my coutry, in effects I think italian music is pretty lame (with a few exception).

lonelynerd

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 07, 2009 04:43 PM
Led Zeppelin.
Blues music, old stuff.
Some bits of classical music.

Sleep peacefully Wonder Woman, you will awake in the Fatherland...
Arcadian

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 08, 2009 12:56 AM
Trance (all varieties)
EBM (electronic body music)
Electronic Experimental
Film Scores
Romantic-period Classical
Classical-period Classical
Opera
Melodic Death Metal
Power Metal

paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 19, 2009 10:16 PM
Quote:

I guess my musical interests are closest to yours than most of the others who responded to this question. I wonder how old you are? I too like "Big Band stuff", Glenn Miller, Artie Shaw, Bunnie Berrigan (now that's really "oldie" stuff -- yeah!) I like the Beatles, the Carpenters, and also Sheena Easton (My Baby Takes the Morning Train). I do not like rap or any similar music that has no musical notes to sound - to me if there is no "tune" to sing, there is no song, only a "poem" -- and poetry, while interesting is not the same thing as a song. I want music to be musical. In more recent decades, I like some of Shania Twain, some of Cheryl Crow, most of Jewel -- all of these are very musical.

Jakken

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 21, 2009 12:53 AM
wow...for music. I have allot of tastes.
I guess I will start with rock and metal.three days grace korn, disturbed,billy talent,linkin park,green day, The tea party, stained, AFI, god smack, Marilyn manson, finger 11,ozzy osbourne, ACDC and seether evenesscence.

Rap I have a list also. Eminem,50 cent,The game, Dr. Dre,styles P,G-unit, D-12,snoop dogg. busta ryhmes. 2 pac, notorious BIG, Jay Z, cypress hill and stat quo,]

Like R&B, mostly newer stuff like beyonce and akon.

One of my faves is german idsutrial metal. if you haent heard of rammstein,Eisbrecher or megaherz should really check them out.

ILM of JMJ July 31 1988-May 29,2006 Miss you bro.
Page: 1 2
Page creation time: 0.009716