Favorite Horror Film

Forum :: Random Discussion

Page: 1 2
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Apr 30, 2011 02:30 AM
Quote:
Quote:
The type of horror film today doesn't lend itself to making horror stars anymore.

I have a friend named Joe (not mentioning his last name to prevent search-engine issues) who is an actor/playwright. He's been in a few low-budget, direct-to-DVD horror movies and producers at Lion's Gate actually told him they wanted to make him a "horror star." He'd be a good one: tall, skinny, bald, gaunt, pale, with creepy eyes and a leering face (though in reality he's a sweet guy.) Unfortunately, I don't think the scripts are being written. Joe's best role was in a REALLY BAD horror movie called "Monster Man." He doesn't appear until the final third of the film, but his performance is fun, even though the rest of the movie sucks. (He plays "Brother Fred," if you ever happen to see the movie. I'm not recommending it though.)
I'm a long-time-lurker-first time poster here, as I am still fairly shy about the whole turned on by sedation thing... but I am hardly shy about being a horror fan and as a horror fan, I have to say that I really thought Monster Man was a damn good horror-comedy, especially for this day and age in which Hatchet is considered by many to be a good horror-comedy ._.

Also, for fellow sleepy fans I recommend the film Captivity, which has bunches of KO scenes... as its only redeeming factor really

Modified on: 2011-04-29 23:31:15
MORKOS

View Profile
Post Date: Apr 30, 2011 06:27 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The type of horror film today doesn't lend itself to making horror stars anymore.

I have a friend named Joe (not mentioning his last name to prevent search-engine issues) who is an actor/playwright. He's been in a few low-budget, direct-to-DVD horror movies and producers at Lion's Gate actually told him they wanted to make him a "horror star." He'd be a good one: tall, skinny, bald, gaunt, pale, with creepy eyes and a leering face (though in reality he's a sweet guy.) Unfortunately, I don't think the scripts are being written. Joe's best role was in a REALLY BAD horror movie called "Monster Man." He doesn't appear until the final third of the film, but his performance is fun, even though the rest of the movie sucks. (He plays "Brother Fred," if you ever happen to see the movie. I'm not recommending it though.)
I'm a long-time-lurker-first time poster here, as I am still fairly shy about the whole turned on by sedation thing... but I am hardly shy about being a horror fan and as a horror fan, I have to say that I really thought Monster Man was a damn good horror-comedy, especially for this day and age in which Hatchet is considered by many to be a good horror-comedy ._.

Also, for fellow sleepy fans I recommend the film Captivity, which has bunches of KO scenes... as its only redeeming factor really
Monster Man? What's that?

MORKOS

View Profile
Post Date: Apr 30, 2011 06:29 AM
Favorite horror comedy Shaun of the Dead.

Venomous

View Profile
Post Date: Apr 30, 2011 12:33 PM
Quote:
Monster Man? What's that?
A movie about two guys on a road trip who run afoul of a deranged and quite torn-up looking man driving a monster truck

pekinobo

View Profile
Post Date: May 22, 2012 12:35 PM
Martyrs

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEXqOAiqPf8

My review with art, beware of spoilers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGo-Z1JVE9s

A small documentary, in french, but with english subtile
http://fredambroisine.com/videos/080903martyrsE.htm

sleep tight and tied
Page: 1 2