Do you consider yourself good looking?

Forum :: Love and Dating Advice

Page: 1 2
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 10, 2009 01:00 AM
While we are on the topic of relationships, here is a related question: do you consider yourself good looking? How would you rank your appearance in comparison to your peers?

Me personally, I'm a very thin and moderately tall person. My face is not bad, it could be better; I think it's okay.

My main problem is, I have no idea how other people perceive me. When I look in the mirror I say to myself, "wow, what a good looking guy!". But do other people feel the same way? I doubt it.

I run Sleepycomics.com
lonelynerd

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 10, 2009 05:34 PM
Sometimes I think I'm quite goodlooking and sometimes I think I'm really really ugly. I've asked people for their opinion and apparently I'm in the more goodlooking half of not amazingly goodlooking people, if that makes sense.

I don't know, I'm pretty sure the last girl that liked me wasn't because of how I looked.

Sleep peacefully Wonder Woman, you will awake in the Fatherland...
gytalf2000

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 13, 2009 12:27 PM
Quote:
While we are on the topic of relationships, here is a related question: do you consider yourself good looking? How would you rank your appearance in comparison to your peers?

Me personally, I'm a very thin and moderately tall person. My face is not bad, it could be better; I think it's okay.

My main problem is, I have no idea how other people perceive me. When I look in the mirror I say to myself, "wow, what a good looking guy!". But do other people feel the same way? I doubt it.

I have always thought of myself as an attractive person. I was fat when I was 4-6th grades, and then really slimmed down in Junior High, and was aware (my friends told me about it, I was actually clueless about this at first) that several girls in school had "crushes" on me. I started gaining weight again, and my hair started thinning, in my mid-twenties. Now I look like this:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x69/gytalf2000/David_with_his_New_Postcards_fro-1.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x69/gytalf2000/David_in_Disruptor_Outfit_pic_1.jpg

I am short, balding, and fat, but I still enjoy looking at myself -- I think I look pretty good for a 48-year-old guy, even though I realize that I don't exactly have "Hollywood leading man" good looks. My friends call me a narcissist. Ha!

Jakken

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 22, 2009 03:16 AM
I always thought of myself as not good looking. But it seems like my GF finds me exteamly hot. when I was in school I was fatter with no self asteame either. when I got older I slimed down through exercise and my confidence built up. But yeah, I never consider myself something special.

ILM of JMJ July 31 1988-May 29,2006 Miss you bro.
bisochim

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 26, 2009 02:59 PM
People tell me I'm good looking, but not quite awesome looking. My wife says I'm the hottest guy around, but... she's sweet, lol. I don't think I'm as good looking as she thinks I am. I have no idea. Doesn't really matter to me, as long as I'm a little bit attractive. *Shrug*

I <3 eyerolls
paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Jan 09, 2010 11:02 PM
I'm having deja vu . . . I think I already posted this, but somehow it is not here, so I'll post it again. If the reason you are raising this question, Red, is because deep down you are wondering if males who are not good looking, or males who believe they are not good looking, turn to sleepy art fantasy to satisfy their urges is because they cannot get started with a live female, I have news for you -- I doubt seriously that this is the case. I consider myself reasonably attractive, maybe a 6 or a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10. I know, ever since High School, I have never had problems attracting women admirers, even if it usually wasn't the ones I wanted to attract -- yet I've had this attraction to sleepy art since my pre-teen years. I'll bet 60 percent of male visitors to this website are 6's or 7's or better. It's possible, I suppose that a less fortunate homely fellow -- a 4 or a 5 might turn to sleepycomics because he's never had a live female relationship, but I suspect that is the exception rather than the rule. As I've said in other forums, one can be attracted to females, and have successful relationships with females, and even be married, and still be fascinated with sleepy comic scenes. That's certainly my story, and I'm sticking with it.

Modified on: 2010-01-09 20:30:56
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Jan 10, 2010 12:16 AM
Quote:
I consider myself reasonably attractive, maybe a 6 or a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10.

I'm a 10! Haha, nahhh just kidding. I don't know what I am. Are any of you curious as to what I look like?

I run Sleepycomics.com
paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Jan 10, 2010 05:07 PM
Quote:
Quote:
I consider myself reasonably attractive, maybe a 6 or a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10.

I'm a 10! Haha, nahhh just kidding. I don't know what I am. Are any of you curious as to what I look like?

"You don't know what you are???" Red, I'm confused. You are the one who started this particular forum page with your question: "Do you consider yourself good looking?" And then you answer for yourself by saying "I don't know what I am?" If everybody who chose to post on this page said that, it would make the question useless -- like everybody saying: "I don't know if I'm good looking or not, because I don't know what I am!!" I felt a little twinge of vanity calling myself a 6 or a 7, but how else could one answer your question, unless one said "I don't know what I am"? Do you see what I'm saying. My main point is about sleepy fantasy, anyway, not my ranking on the "good looks" scale. I simply want to make the point that I believe a lot of men who are attractive enough to have one or more female admirers in their life still can and do enjoy sleepycomics.com. The "sleepy" fanatasy is not just for "unattractive or homely guys" . . . . not at all.

Modified on: 2010-01-10 19:35:22
paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Jan 10, 2010 05:10 PM
[Post Deleted by Moderator]

Modified on: 2010-01-10 14:18:25
paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Jan 10, 2010 05:11 PM
[Post Deleted by Moderator]

Modified on: 2010-01-10 14:18:19
Page: 1 2