Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Forum :: Sleepy and Bondage Talk

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Aug 23, 2012 07:24 PM
Quote:
Sorry it took 2 and a half months to post a proper introduction, but better late than never, right?

Age:16( Which makes me feel so small, especially when gytalf2000 talks about a comic he got in 1971, back when my mom was only 2 :)
Fun Fact: I'm half puerto rican, but i look white, so you'd never know if you saw me.

Hey, glad to have fresh, younger faces here! So, I'm nine years older than your mom? Hilarious! Have a ton of fun on the site!

mountainsofselune

View Profile
Post Date: Aug 27, 2012 05:28 AM
Greetings everyone!

I've been lurking around sleepycomics every now and then and it just so happened that while strolling around here on my recent leave from work, I stumbled upon a scene that simply blew my mind away and convinced me to drop a message. I feel this will be a rather long post so I will write the details regarding the topic immediately (though I would rather keep a larger degree of ambiguity, given my severely paranoid nature ) and then I will rant a little bit about that scene as a bonus to the "something interesting about myself" part. I feel the two work better together in a single message and I hope there is no harm in doing that.

So, I am a male in my mid twenties, I live in Europe and I am a working physicist (maybe I should also stress out the fact that I AM NOT one of those giant-eyeglass wearing dorky stereotypes ). I am interested in art depicting the battles, be they physical, verbal, or empathic between godly looking and (optionally) at opposite edges of the moral compass, women. It came as a big surprise to me to discover that there is a rather large industry in adult films on such topics, but I haven't really been charmed by anything in particular and I feel no amount of acting will ever really capture the essence of such a conflict as well as a skilled hand can do on paper. As an interesting fact about myself, I am ambidextrous. Normal humans have no idea how useful that can be in every day life .

That would sum up the introduction part, what follows is a long rant on the scene I mentioned earlier, my thoughts on it as to why it is so great and what would make it perfect.

To begin with, it is worth mentioning that from my perspective, the best type of scene, hands down, no comments, now and forever, is a gassing scene. The reason is quite simple, nothing else can have such a dramatic physical (and mental) impact on a superheroine in such a short span of time. The villainess need only pull a safety trigger and the heroine's world in suddenly turned upside down. I will discuss a bit further exactly why I feel things are this way.

Now, the weaving of fate made it such that I stumbled upon the gassing scene from the femforce issue 110 (the Rayda special - Cyberian connection), the one in which Ms. Victory is brought down by Cyberia's dirty tactics. I had no prior knowledge of anything related to the femforce universe, but reading the first pages of the issue illuminates everything that is necessary for the subject at hand. Ms. Victory (fantastic name by the way) is basically a gorgeous, hot-headed, invincible, righteous goddess that lifts cars with the ease a normal woman lifts grocery bags (though I would work a little bit on her outfit) and Cyberia is, not surprisingly, a just as gorgeous, but typically malicious Russian beauty that wouldn't trade wind for Ms. V (it would have helped if she wasn't even enhanced by cybernetics and still expressing such a degree of defiance, and her costume is great by the way, but I would drop the communist symbols, because I feel that the times have changed).

Now, why is the scene awesome? Cyberia intentionally mimics surrender and ends up in a bear hug in which Ms. V is totally in control of her, and then treacherously, with a wicked, wicked smile, releases the gas in the heroine's face. Here's the dealbreaker: Ms. V doesn't simply fall unconscious on her back or side. That would have been interesting, but not great. Instead, she falls on her knees, resting wearily her body on the edge of the boat. A couple of moments ago this was probably the most powerful woman in the universe and look to what she is reduced. Look at the tension in her right arm, how she's mounting everything she's got left just to prevent her body from collapsing in an undignified pile. Look at how tired her other arm is, how it barely clings to the boat. A fantastic detail is that she is still coughing out that foul gas. There is a lot one's imagination can do just with this scene and I return here to the reasons why I feel that nothing beats a great gas scene. We can imagine that her face is full of tears, and she's crying not because of shame or pain but because the irritant gas forces her to do so. She might be nauseated from the obnoxious odor, she might even feel an extremely acrid taste on her tongue, maybe even have her ears ringing loudly, and her vision is all blurry as her temples pound with pain. We might also imagine that the uncontrollable coughing causes racking pains in her chest, her stomach is bombarding her with cramps and that she feels she's losing bowel control (soiling herself would probably be way to extreme for most people, but it's a possibility worth investigating). Her legs and arms feel like water and she might even suffer from a slight shudder in her hips. And remember that all it took was a little flick of a finger to bring total punishment to all her senses. All these physical sensations are evoked by that simple and yet masterful scene and I haven't even touched on what, if anything at all, might be going on in her mind, aside from stupefaction and a feeling that this cannot be really happening to her.

Finally, I conclude with my thoughts on what would integrate this scene in a perfect story, which ends up, like all perfect stories, in being mostly cliche. Suppose that Cyberia has had her evil plots thwarted time and time again by Ms. V and this weighs heavily upon her. Her frustration levels top the madness scale, as every single time they faced each other, she had no choice but to see her long-term evil schemes methodically destroyed by Ms. V, and that she never even had really the chance to hold a candle against her. To go even further, suppose that on their last encounter, she had prepared a trap in which she wanted to unleash some mystical, ancient, mysterious artifact (who knows what lengths she went through to acquire it!) on Ms. V, with the result of the superheroine having her powers neutralized and being left in a permanent state of severe physical weakness, only to discover that the heroine is so high and mighty that the artifact has no effect on her, and she ends up doing once again some jail time. But then...then she has the brilliant idea. She spends months, maybe years, working on the chemical formula, dreaming of her revenge. When she is done, she uses some just as stunningly beautiful and vile henchwoman to kidnap, let's say, Ms. V's daughter and challenges the superheroine to a showdown in the swamps, the stake being her daughters life. Imagine how much righteous anger must be in Ms. V's heart right now. I mean, saving the world and all that is great but it couldn't possibly be as emotionally involving as saving her own daughter. She flies in the swamp, confident in her powers, unyielding and resolute in her goal to rid the world of Cyberia once and for all. The battle on the boat is short, for Cyberia is never a match for her, the villainess ends up in the bear hug and we all know what follows.

Now Cyberia can gloat over the fallen heroine, with a proud, vile grin and she can begin talking her down, mocking her, pretending to be her, repeating all the nasty things she ever said about her, things that where not true, but to which Ms. V can no longer reply. And this is where the emotional damage outweighs the physical. In my opinion, it wouldn't work if Ms. V was just beaten in that state or anything else, it wouldn't feel as unfair to her as it is now. When Cyberia finishes boasting her undeserved victory she picks up the radio and, well aware that Ms. V is hearing her, she'd say something like "I've brought Ms. Victory to her knees. Fetch the girl!". I'm not sure I even want to know what the superheroine would emotionally go through at this point, seeing the boat with the other cackling wench and her captive daughter approach. And now is the moment Cyberia has been dreaming of: she spreads her legs and lays her hands on her hips, still smiling, the artifact attached to the buckler of her belt beginning to glow with unholy light. Maybe she'd even spit one last line as: "Well, Ms. Victory, it seems more than appropriate for your daughter to remember you as Ms. Most Humiliating Defeat!" and she discharges the artifact, nullifying the superheroine forever, right then and there. All that is left for Ms. V is to stare with tired, humbled eyes, sad lips and trembling chin at the boat that is vanishing in the distance, the villainesses laughing, blowing kisses and waving hands her way, knowing that for the (probably and thankfully) short time she will still be alive, she will be haunted by her daughters eyes, by all the emotions mixing within them, among which being painfully obvious the disappointment in her failure.

Well, I guess that wraps up everything worthwhile I'd ever have to say around here. Thank you for the great site, thank you for reading this, peace and blessings to all of you!

Modified on: 2012-08-27 02:36:34
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Aug 29, 2012 11:39 PM
@mountainsofselune wow, what an introduction! I am so glad you joined this site.

I am also gonna check out this Ms. Victory scene you so eloquently described. Gas scenes are still my fave!

I run Sleepycomics.com
akroma

View Profile
Post Date: Apr 21, 2013 12:39 AM
Hello all I have lurked awhile with my old computer and decided to finally join up, you provide a fine service here I've been a fan of comics since the 70's and have often enjoyed the damsel in distress style some artists like to depict, I have even tried my own style but my art skills really need work.

I shall try to contribute often apologies if I seem somewhat shy at first, I am often that way in new places thanks again for running this place so well.

Pepito

View Profile
Post Date: Aug 04, 2013 01:37 PM
Hi all, I live in Caracas man and I have 56 years and I really like the girls asleep by the various effects and known to everyone. I hope to contribute to something although I'm not a cartoonist. I love this page.

Jennifer9

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 22, 2013 04:45 AM
Proffesion: sales lady
Something intresting: I do painting of sleepy, helpless women but i throw everything away so no one would find out ;)
(I'm not a lesbian)

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Page creation time: 0.010171