I'm having trouble adding a new scene.

Forum :: Praise, Criticism and Site Help

Page: 1
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 31, 2009 08:14 AM
I was able to add several new scenes two days ago (Terrors of the Jungle #21 was one of them, and Marvel Mystery with Miss America was another). But today I tried to add some Nyoka scenes I have and when I fill out the necessary forms and click on "add scene" an all white page appears and says "Invalid URL". Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. My pics are all on Photobucket, and I copy the URL from there -- I usually copy the URL by right clicking on "copy" and then on the sleepycomics "add scene" page I right click on "paste". It doesn't work anymore. Any ideas???

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 31, 2009 09:09 AM
Hi, I moved your topic to the "Site Help" forum.

Ok, now on to your problem. I want you to follow these steps:

Fill out the "Add Scene" form and click submit.

Immediately after, look at your URL toolbar in your browser and copy down the URL you see. It should be something like http://sleepycomics.com/scenes/edit_pics.php?id=4964.

After you click submit, you are taken to a page that says Editing Links and Photos. I tried this myself and it worked.

Now, you see a long text entry box with a button that says "Add Link", correct? Goto Photobucket and copy the entire Direct Link and paste it into the text entry. Make sure the URL is in the correct format. Tell me what exactly you pasted into this box. If you try to enter something that is not a URL, it will give you the "Invalid URL" error.

I run Sleepycomics.com
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 31, 2009 08:32 PM
Hey paul, I noticed that you added several scenes for Nyoka #4. Since that scene is already in the database, I'm going to remove those entries. I noticed though that you managed to get photos added, which is good.

I run Sleepycomics.com
paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Nov 02, 2009 01:59 PM
Thanks for the tip on adding more scenes to an already posted scene. But now I have another problem. I was trying to make a "reply" to your question about "is getting married considered normal?" and after I completed my entry, I clicked on "Add Reply" and a window came up saying "There is a is a syntax error in your BBcode entry; please correct and retry". I have no idea what this is talking about or how to correct my BBcode entry. Help!

Modified on: 2009-11-02 11:04:11
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Nov 02, 2009 02:08 PM
Ok, I think I might be able to help with the BBCode thing. Basically, it has to deal with the bracket enclosed tags, that look like "[tag]stuff[/tag]".

When you click "reply", you will get a box that has text already filled in. Just add your reply UNDERneath the existing text and don't add any other tags. It should work...

Or, just create a blank reply.

I run Sleepycomics.com
paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Nov 30, 2009 04:41 PM
Hello Red,

I tried today to post some new scenes of Phantom Lady from Police Comics #8. When I clicked on "Add Scene" I was instantly taken to the page that said "You must login before you can view this page". I then clicked on "login" and logged in with my username and password. A new page appeared that said "You are already logged in". At the top of that page were all the seven icons, so I clicked again on the icon that said "Add Scene". Again I was taken to the page that said "you must log in before you can view this page" i.e., "before you can add a scene". And so on, and on it goes. Everytime I log in it says you are already logged in, and every time I try to add a scene it says you most log in before you can add a scene. What's up??

Modified on: 2009-11-30 13:44:31
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Nov 30, 2009 07:35 PM
Try refreshing the page that looks wrong.

I run Sleepycomics.com
Page: 1
Page creation time: 0.005118