How important is the KO victim's "conventional attractiveness" to you?

Forum :: Sleepy and Bondage Talk

Page: 1 2
Author

View Profile
Post Date: May 11, 2011 08:24 AM
Quote:
I won't say she has to be "human", but that said; we're dealing with cartoon characters. None of them are human. If the character is something that is made to be "humanlike"; and there is a solid femaleness to her; I can find a measure of satisfaction at seeing her knocked out, faint, or what have you.

Technically I'm not sure how you can distinguish between the She Hulk, Tigra, or Minnie Mouse... LOL
Well, that is somewhat overemphasized, but yes,
all too frequently, the drawings can't really be said to be "depictions of beauty".
That is where convention becomes the guide of the reader, who has to accept that
character x is supposed to be beautiful, even if the artist can't draw her as
recognizably beautiful. IMO, it is a part of the suspension of disbelief.
you see, we can respond to a story with no illustation, just text...

kodavictimm

View Profile
Post Date: May 13, 2011 02:11 AM
Are we dancing around the idea that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder?" :D

Or... as a former pastor of mine once said... "A female cockroach is sexy to a male cockroach..."

I understand what you're saying though... the issue is how we, in our mind's eye, translate what we see... be it picture or written word. I could probably "get aroused" if Minnie Mouse was swatted by a cat, hit her head on the wall and lay sprawled with the cat licking his chops, leering down at her...

In fact, I just "stirred" thinking about it... because I can equate that scene to a girl being cornered ahd knocked out by her would be attacker...

Illusion and allusion can be powerful things! :D

Page: 1 2
Page creation time: 0.004812