How to use sleepycomics.com (Please Read)

Forum :: Praise, Criticism and Site Help

Page: 1
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 14, 2009 09:24 PM
This thread is meant to help people with questions about how to use sleepycomics.com. Before asking a question, please check this thread.

How to view most recently added scenes:
This is a question I get frequently and the answer is simple. Just click the "Search" button at the top of each page. It will return all scenes sorted by date added, with the most recent scenes at the top.

How to use search effectively:
The search engine will match your query against the following: scene name, scene description, scene categories and people.
Here are some example queries:
"Wonder woman" - will return all scenes containing Wonder Woman.
"Wonder Woman chloro" - returns all scenes containing Wonder Woman and the category "chloroform".
"gagged chloro" - returns all scenes that have both categories "gagged" AND "chloroform".

Furthermore, you can filter results by medium and gender. By clicking "Advanced" under the search box, you can select more advanced search options.

What are the benefits of becoming a (free) member?
If you are a member, you can do the following:
- Comment on scenes and the blog.
- Add scenes to your personal fave collection.
- Add new scenes to the database.
- Post topics on the forum.

What are the rules for adding new scenes?
First and foremost, please only add scenes when you actually have a scene! In other words, don't fill out the Add Scene form with junk information and submit; I will simply delete the entry.

Make sure you type a descriptive name. Often, the issue name and number are sufficient. Sometimes it's good to add the issue volume or year if it's ambiguous.

Make sure you choose the correct medium type. If you're posting original art, select "Original".

I highly recommend typing something in the additional info box.

Also please add categories to your scene. You can add as many as you like, just make sure they are relevant to the scene.

When adding pictures, I highly recommend using either Photobucket or Imageshack to upload your pictures. Don't worry about preserving the original links either, because I am now backing up every picture added to the site (pictures are stored at vault.sleepycomics.com).
Also, when adding pictures make sure you are using direct links. Direct links take you directly to the picture, not to a webpage showing the picture. Please follow this rule, it makes backing up images faster.

I run Sleepycomics.com
atador32

View Profile
Post Date: Dec 04, 2013 01:22 PM
Hi Red! Fantastic site you have here!

I hope you can read this post soon. I added a scene (Epic Chaos) last November, but this is an ongoing webcomic. Since then new pages have been published, which contain images of interest.

Thing is, I don't know how to ADD NEW images or pages to the scene I already uploaded here in Sleepy Comics. It seems my only choice is to delete and then upload again the whole scene, including now the new pages, but I was hoping to avoid this. Specially because is apparent the webcomic will continue the same storyline, so more pages with DID pics are to be expected, that I'd like to upload gradually at the moment they are published in the webcomic site.

Can you help me? Thanks.

Atador32
Page: 1
Page creation time: 0.008154