Do some of the animators / artists share our fetish?

Forum :: Sleepy and Bondage Talk

Page: 1
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 08, 2010 02:57 AM
With all the tons of sleepy content out there you can't fail to notice the difference of quality between some scenes and others. Hence, even look at the sleepycomics database and you'll see scenes go from 1 star to 5 and everything in between.

I'm wondering if particular scenes were done so well because the animator or the director had a thing for seeing the heroine knocked out, or if it was just something that fitted in the storyline?

For example, if you look at one of the latest fantastic four issues, forgot the name and I'm typing on a iPad so cwnt look it up. But the issue where the skull is knocking sue storm out, it's practically a 2 page sleepy fetish walhalla. Or that issue with wonder woman, secret six.

Both sone so well, in comparison to some other scenes

Hat do you think?

"With great power comes great vulnerability" ;)
oldslim1

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 08, 2010 11:58 AM
I definetly believe many of the artists/animators have a feel for the knockout fetish and get as much enjoyment from it as we do. I envy their talent for drawing these wonderful pics in the comics and elsewhere. It looks like to me most any man would enjoy drawing sexy looking women in their skimpy superheroine costumes. Some of them may not be into the unconscious fetish but they know that we enjoy it.

I have also suspected that there are some real life actresses that enjoy taking part in the knockout fetish. When I was a kid I noticed this in a lot of the B movies and black and white cliffhanger serials. There were certain actresss who got knocked out more often than others. Pamela Blake, Linda Stirling and others used to get knocked out quite often. Most of you don't remember these actresses who were popular back in the 1940s and 1950s.

MonsieurPaulComics

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 09, 2010 06:31 AM
I'm really not sure there are so many comics artists in the fetish.

First because, generally speaking, we must always keep in mind that our beloved fantasies are very seldom. Our community is very narrow.

Then, most comic artists are just devoted to the script. Perhaps the proper question would be about the authors...
As I write my own comics, you guys know that I have to twist my stories so to offer as many sleepy pics as possible.
However, in the ordinary storytelling world, a sleepy scene is just a void moment in the narration, something a writer tries to avoid... That's why they are often very short; most of the time, the writer just needs a character to be kidnaped or neutralised, so some other action can take place...
This to say that, if a writer is interested in the fetish, he would have to find a way to make such void moments interesting... For instance, he can put on an important dialog between two kidnappers during a sleepy scene, or he could make the abductor search his prey for a meaningful artefact, or better, he would write a complete script about , dunno, stealing someone's dreams...(I have dozens of such scripts and scenes in my drawers..;)
Remember this gorgeous WonderWoman fausta chloro scene ? It is long because that's in that very scene that the nazis learn about her power source from her own mouth. If they had know it before in the episode, the chloro scene would have been shorter.

These long scenes, you noticed with sadness, are rare.
A writer has to make his story fit within 20 pages, or 45 minutes. So he has to "edit" it properly and, according to the fact his story is dense or loose, he'll have to shorten or stretch certain scenes. Believe me, sleepy scenes, chloro scenes are amongst the ones that go short, unfortunately.

Now, to come back to the artist, he just has to follow the writer's editing, OK. Still, if he enjoys sleepy damsels, he can choose to give a particular attention to certain pics, which happens sometimes. But most of the time, it's just another pic among the hundred he has to draw...

Now, as a conclusion, I'd just say that if some artists had the fetish, we should know, as there'd simply be a comic about it.

Yours,
Monsieur Paul.

Page: 1
Page creation time: 0.004160