Spirituality and the Sleepy Fetish (or maybe I'm just crazy.)

Forum :: Sleepy and Bondage Talk

Page: 1
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Feb 20, 2011 02:15 AM
Like everyone else here, I have a life beyond my sleepy fetish. I consider myself spiritual. About a month or so ago I had what seemed like an insight into my interest in women fainting -- that it may be, for me, a sexual representation of the spiritual concept of surrender. Total and complete surrender to a power greater than oneself. (I'm not religious and don't define "God" beyond a power for good, a power of love, that's greater than human power.)

This interpretation feels right for me. I grew up reading the "Peanuts" comic strip, whose creator -- Charles Schulz -- often had his little-kid characters fainting. I'm quite sure it wasn't sexual (the dude wasn't a pedophile). He was a deeply spiritual man, and often dealt (subtly and not-so-subtly) with spiritual themes in his work. He was masterful at conveying those themes in seemingly silly cartoon conventions and tropes, like fainting. As I look back on his gags that involved characters fainting, at least some of them seem related to the concept of spiritual surrender. Or, at least, to the concept of humanity's limited power, and of our need for a greater one.

Not sure if that could apply to chloro and other K.O. fetishes or not. In my fantasies and favorite scenes, the fainted heroine is always safe and protected while unconscious; no harm comes to her. I realize others have darker fantasies ... but maybe they can all be traced to the same, or at least a similar, spiritual yearning?

Does this ring true for anyone else or does it sound like total gibberish?

Modified on: 2011-02-19 23:19:36
docsavage

View Profile
Post Date: Feb 21, 2011 02:16 PM
Well, certainly the "Total Surrender" aspect of the sleepy condition
has its appeal to me. I must say, however,that the "Capture" aspect
also have its appeal. When the captive is asleep, the captivator
becomes from the aggressor, into aprotector, a protector of a
defenseless captive. That I find just as appealing as the "Surrender"
aspect.

paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Feb 21, 2011 10:11 PM
While this concept may give one a "warm fuzzy" feeling, if we base 95% of our sleepy scenes on COMIC BOOKS then the vast majority of the times the unconscious sexy heroine is made unconscious against her will and by force. Also, 95% of the time her captor wants hurtful and harmful things for her. These are hardly the kind of scenarious that emote "protection" or "warm fuzzy feelings". I suppose it might be nice if this were not the case, but in reality, it is, right? I have no quarrel or problem with the idea of "protecting an unconscious heroine" . . . but as I've already stated, this is hardly the idea behind 95% or more of the scenes we turn on to on this website. Just being honest, even if is painful to be so.

docsavage

View Profile
Post Date: Feb 22, 2011 10:50 AM
Mostly true, but only from the character's (or maybe from the writer's) point of view.
I am addressing the watcher/reader psychology so what I said earlier still applies.
If we were obligated to identify withe the character to the full extent of their
traits, most sleepy scenes would be useless to us.Thankfully, nobody is forced to be hurtfully honest in fantasy. To a certain extent,a reader can take a scene and "stop the motion" there and fantasize about that point in time of the story. We can think (seeing a panel of a ko'ed heroine in the hands of a supervillain) "what a dummy! I would never waste such a gorgeous gal that way... " and so one. In fact, we can even write "mental fanfics" based on the panels. Yeah, fantasy is all about imaginary dishonesty.

lurkndog

View Profile
Post Date: Feb 23, 2011 01:24 AM
Well it's certainly not gibberish, I think you've expressed yourself quite clearly and honestly.

As for a voluntary "spiritual surrender," I could see that under certain circumstances. Say a hero holding a rescued heroine in his arms, and she's drawn as being in kind of a happy, submissive swoon. There's a nice positive feeling there. But, as others have said, it's by no means the only scenario that works for me.

My theory about the sleepy fetish is that it's the sex drive expressing itself through imagery that is not directly sexual, as a way of routing around the viewer's inhibitions way down there in the subconscious. That's why, in my case at least, including actual sex like some kind of rape scenario completely ruins it.

PhaintPhan

View Profile
Post Date: Feb 23, 2011 05:38 PM
Love all the interesting responses.

It occurs to me that in my little fantasy world, even though I'm a straight male, I tend to identify with the fainting female. I imagine the sensation of losing consciousness, the giddy sense of relief as oblivion takes over. I'm the same way sexually ... far more interested in imagining the woman's pleasurable sensation than I am focused on my own. I really don't put myself inside the head of the male (or female) who must somehow deal with the unconscious female. Guess I just always assumed every sleepy-fetishist had the same perspective, but obviously not.

paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Feb 24, 2011 09:58 AM
Quote:
Mostly true, but only from the character's (or maybe from the writer's) point of view.
I am addressing the watcher/reader psychology so what I said earlier still applies.
If we were obligated to identify withe the character to the full extent of their
traits, most sleepy scenes would be useless to us.Thankfully, nobody is forced to be hurtfully honest in fantasy. To a certain extent,a reader can take a scene and "stop the motion" there and fantasize about that point in time of the story. We can think (seeing a panel of a ko'ed heroine in the hands of a supervillain) "what a dummy! I would never waste such a gorgeous gal that way... " and so one. In fact, we can even write "mental fanfics" based on the panels. Yeah, fantasy is all about imaginary dishonesty.

I REALLY LIKE YOUR RESPONSE. . . . "FANTASY IS ALL ABOUT IMAGINARY DISHONESTY". THAT MOVES THIS ENTIRE DISCUSSION TO A DEEPER AND HIGHER LEVEL . . . AND I REALLY HAD NOT THOUGHT OF IT QUITE THIS WAY BEFORE, BUT I TOTALLY AGREE. I THINK, FOR ME, I FANTASIZE THAT IT IS ME, NOT THE VILLAIN, HOLDING THE UNCONSCIOUS WONDER WOMAN, SUPERGIRL OR SHEENA IN MY ARMS AND I HAVE ONLY OVERWHELMING ADMIRATION FOR THE SLEEPY HEROINE, OOZING OUT ALL OVER THE PLACE. IF THIS IS WHAT "IMAGINARY DISHONESTY" IS . . . THEN YOU GO GIRL . . . OR GUY . . .OR WHATEVER!!!

EXCELLENT COMMENT!!!

Modified on: 2011-03-01 06:41:43
kodavictimm

View Profile
Post Date: Mar 27, 2011 02:56 AM
Once upon a time I was active in a church that had women (and men too... ugh!) who would "fall out" or "faint" at the "power of god". Of course this presented a dilema for me; compounded by the fact tht namy of the good looking younger women; as well ss the "milf" crowd, would want to be comfortable napping on the floor, so they would leave their shoes at their seats or kick them off as they knelt to pray.

In that period of my life, I was doing my best to contain and deny my urges; so it was even more of a burden. And though nobody in that arena knew of my secrit lusts, I was convinced that many of these girls knew that guys were turned on by either their "helplessnes" or their bare feet. So it was a chance to play innocent and still use their femininity as a weapon against the men of the congregation!

Page: 1
Page creation time: 0.006763