Darna 2009 (Live Action)

Forum :: Scene requests, Alerts and Corrections

Page: 1 2
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 19, 2009 10:23 AM
Mars Ravelo's Darna is a 2009 Filipino superheroine TV series starring Marian Rivera.

The show is done in a telenovelo format, which means it's a soap-opera-like show that runs every weekday for a half hour, without reruns. This makes it a combination of one part superheroine show, one part soap opera, and one part filler because they have to put out a half hour of TV every day. Not every episode is of interest, in fact, the heroine doesn't even show up in her superheroine persona every episode. But when it's good, it can be pretty good, and Marian Rivera looks sexy in the Darna costume: http://getitfromboy.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Marian-Rivera-Darna.jpg

I'm not planning to post pictures here because of the charter of the website (maybe in one of the Yahoo newsgroups?) but I thought I'd post scene alerts for the relevant episodes because it's something folks here might be interested in.

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 19, 2009 10:30 AM
Sounds promising, but that link you posted doesn't work.

Do they have clips of this show on Youtube or anything? Is it downloadable?

I run Sleepycomics.com
lurkndog

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 19, 2009 11:04 AM
Darna Episode 19 (September 3, 2009)

Darna confronts the demonic villain Impakta, who is riding on the back of a nurse who serves as his host. Darna punches them and they go flying. She then approaches the nurse, unaware that Impakta has separated from her. Impakta jumps Darna from behind, and gets her under his control. Darna flies around in the air while struggling against Impakta, then falls unconscious to the street below. She lies in the street for a bit while a crowd gathers round her. When she comes to, she is still under Impakta's control, and she grabs Valentina (her former friend and eventual arch-nemesis) by the throat and flies off with her.

Landing in a nearby garden, the possessed Darna, with Impacta riding on her back, hurls Valentina into a wall, knocking Valentina out cold. She then fends off some policemen before disarming them and chasing them off with their own guns. Impakta then tries to get Darna to attack the still-unconscious Valentina, but Darna's mentor appears to her in a vision, giving Darna the strength to throw off Impakta and break free of the mind control. Darna then stabs Impakta with a pitchfork (and looks damn good doing it), unknowingly also injuring the nurse who was Impakta's original host.

The relevant parts of the episode are here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPvGTz_r3C0

lurkndog

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 19, 2009 11:09 AM
Quote:
Sounds promising, but that link you posted doesn't work.

Do they have clips of this show on Youtube or anything? Is it downloadable?

You can watch the daily episodes here:

http://marian-rivera-darna.blogspot.com/

That's odd, it works for me. Try this one:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_l_xwlsB_PCA/SoAoM8J6hyI/AAAAAAAAAso/GvxrqqNNI4c/Marian-Rivera-Darna_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg

Or just google for "Marian Rivera Darna"

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 19, 2009 11:20 AM
Damnn!! Ain't she something!

I run Sleepycomics.com
lurkndog

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 19, 2009 12:03 PM
Darna Episode 29 (September 17, 2009)

I've been watching for a month now, and I finally struck gold!

A mad scientist is furious with Darna for killing his giant frog monster in the previous episode, so he hires the Bazooka Gang (named for their penchant for heavy weapons) to bring him "the ultimate artifact: Darna."

Shiro, the leader of the gang, is only too happy to comply, having had run-ins with Darna in previous episodes.

The Bazooka Gang stage a bank robbery and standoff with the police, knowing it will draw Darna out. Darna flies in and confronts the gang, grabbing Shiro by the throat. The hot chick from the gang watches on TV with the head of their syndicate, who is also Shiro's Father. Shiro's mother is concerned when she sees that Darna is holding Shiro. "But not for long, Madame" replies the hot chick cattily.

Back at the bank, Darna is puzzled that Shiro is laughing at her. Then a tranquilizer dart hits Darna in the neck! Darna staggers for a few second, then swoons in a nice closeup.

After a scene with Darna's kid sidekick, we get a quick shot of the gang piling into their getaway van with Darna carried over the shoulder of one of the gang.

The gang takes off, driving past the kid sidekick and a reporter who are driving the other way. Inside the getaway van, Darna is slumped unconscious in a seat next to Shiro, with the dart still in her neck. Shiro is calling ahead to "Boris," talking about Darna. Then he gets a call from his father. "Everything is according to plan," he tells him.

"And Darna?" his father asks.

"Knocked out!" Shiro says with an evil grin, as he looks at Darna.

When they arrive at their base, there is a brief shot of Darna chained up and carried over a goon's shoulder, but it's cut so you can't see much (possibly shot with a stand-in).

When Darna comes to, she is strapped into a horizontal iron rack with an array of blades suspended in a framework just above her. She is trapped, unable to use her strength to free herself without getting cut. She struggles futilely for the remainder of the episode.

I really can't recommend this one strongly enough. You can watch it online here: (http://marian-rivera-darna.blogspot.com/2009/09/september-18-episode-30.html or there is a torrent of the episode on h33t.com in better quality.

Modified on: 2009-09-20 06:09:42
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 20, 2009 12:55 AM
A tranquilizer scene with Darna sounds awesome! I'm going to try to find that scene, and maybe even post it on sleepycomics if I like it. Thanks for the alert.

I run Sleepycomics.com
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 20, 2009 01:00 AM
Is the dart scene in episode 29 or episode 30?

I run Sleepycomics.com
lurkndog

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 20, 2009 09:04 AM
Episode 29. Though they do a recap at the beginning of Episode 30, and it's in there too.

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 20, 2009 11:34 AM
I saw the scene! It is really good. When I get a chance I will make a clip of it.

I run Sleepycomics.com
Page: 1 2
Page creation time: 0.006464