Does any like 3D renders ? Should i just Stop

Forum :: Art Requests and Original Art

Page: 1
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Jun 17, 2011 06:45 PM
Does any here like 3D renders of KO scenes?

I know this site was created to share 2D comics

But I was wondering how the communtiy precives 3D
and is there a market for it ?

Let Me hear ya

SSSSIPP !!, AAAGHH!!, mmmm... (thump)
musdy

View Profile
Post Date: Jun 17, 2011 07:03 PM
I prefer 3d art over any other kind.

Ultimate Sleepy Fantasy- Isabela from Dragon Age II.
bobko

View Profile
Post Date: Jun 18, 2011 04:00 AM
Ow yeah definitely a big fan here too!

"With great power comes great vulnerability" ;)
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Jun 19, 2011 10:59 AM
I personally prefer 2D art, but you should just do whatever makes you happy.

I run Sleepycomics.com

View Profile
Post Date: Jun 21, 2011 03:43 PM
There seem to be several areas here.

1. Is this a 2D or 3D forum? Up to the owner to determine, but it appears to have been formed on the basis of displaying scenes from mainstream comics. This would imply 2D. However this specific subforum is indicated as a place for posting amateur efforts.

2. I imagine many people like both types. However, if the owner of the site wishes to challenge DeviantArt or even sleepyforum for displays of members' own efforts, that is up to him. It seems to me however, that mainstream scenes might then be submerged in a sea of well-meaning 'readers own' work, which will range from superb to pretty poor. At that stage it isn't really a comics' forum anymore.

3. Is there a market for 3D? I can say that the answer is no. Nobody is prepared to pay for what is so freely available, unless someone has such a fixation with a particular and narrow interest that it is simply otherwise unavailable. Possibly if your work is absolutely amazing, maybe. Otherwise- no. My own work included, there is no end of third-rate artwork out there. 'Lurkers' are happy enough to take for free, but pay- no way!

MORKOS

View Profile
Post Date: Jun 21, 2011 08:28 PM
There's a guy on Deviantart, Torqual3D, who does great 3D KO scenes.

tranqdowner

View Profile
Post Date: Jun 22, 2011 01:12 PM
Quote:

1. Is this a 2D or 3D forum? Up to the owner to determine, but it appears to have been formed on the basis of displaying scenes from mainstream comics. This would imply 2D. However this specific subforum is indicated as a place for posting amateur efforts.

2. I imagine many people like both types. However, if the owner of the site wishes to challenge DeviantArt or even sleepyforum for displays of members' own efforts, that is up to him. It seems to me however, that mainstream scenes might then be submerged in a sea of well-meaning 'readers own' work, which will range from superb to pretty poor. At that stage it isn't really a comics' forum anymore.

3. Is there a market for 3D? I can say that the answer is no. Nobody is prepared to pay for what is so freely available, unless someone has such a fixation with a particular and narrow interest that it is simply otherwise unavailable. Possibly if your work is absolutely amazing, maybe. Otherwise- no. My own work included, there is no end of third-rate artwork out there. 'Lurkers' are happy enough to take for free, but pay- no way!

tranqdowner

View Profile
Post Date: Jun 22, 2011 01:13 PM
Quote:

Good Points

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 16, 2011 07:25 PM
Tranqdowner, do you have a Deviantart account? If you have lots of 3D renders, you could post it there. They have a larger 3D community there, could give you some tips.

I run Sleepycomics.com
tranqdowner

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 17, 2011 09:52 PM
Quote:
Tranqdowner, do you have a Deviantart account? If you have lots of 3D renders, you could post it there. They have a larger 3D community there, could give you some tips.

Yes I have started posting the 3D there

Page: 1
Page creation time: 0.008133