Your Favorit Heroines and Why

Forum :: Sleepy and Bondage Talk

Page: 1 2
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 21, 2011 04:08 AM
A recent discussion with PaulPicks here: http://sleepycomics.com/show.php?id=6777
and a great article about Wonder Woman, what makes her tick and why her returning series would be questionable here ( http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2011/06/wonder-woman-what-makes-her-tick/ )got me thinking..

We all have our favorit heroines and for me a specific heroine getting knocked in an around average scene is just as good, if not better than a non heroine or other heroine getting knocked out in a great scene with great aftermath.

So I'll kick this discussion off with a brief top 5:

Sue Storm (Fantastic Four)
Storm (X-Men - White '90ies costume)
Wonder Woman
Firestar
Scarlet Witch

The particular order can somewhat change, but it's a consistant top 5 though.

Sue Storm:
She's been a steady favorit of mine through the years. Discovered her while I was reading an FF Anual at a friend's house which had like 5 KO scenes in it. I immediately knew I had to read more. What I liked about her that she, especially when younger was kind of like the "underdog" given she was very powerful but would often faint after overusing her powers. For me that was the perfect combination of powerful and vulnerable.

Storm: First encountered her in the '90ies animated series and it was love at first sight. She was extremely powerful yet what appears to be one of the weakest physical ones. Just like with Sue I always felt like I wanted to "save" them.

Wonder Woman:
As the article greatly describes, Wonder Woman is a heroine that is so powerful and confident which makes her look even better than she already did. With Wonder Woman I always wanted to be the ones knocking her out. Especially since she kind of didne't like men and all lol

Firestar: Just a crush from the '80ies I guess. She always looked so good in that yellow body suit of hers.

Scarlet Witch: Also a very powerful mutant and just like with Sue and a bit with Storm too doesn't fully understand the extend of her powers. I always enjoyed seeing her get knocked out through the years since she was so powerful but would then get knocked out by something as simple as gas. especially this scene got me going: http://sleepycomics.com/show.php?id=255 the gas surprised her in such a way that she was unconscious for all the action that happened afterwards.

I look forward to hearing some of your top characters and why :)

"With great power comes great vulnerability" ;)
bobko

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 21, 2011 08:42 AM
Ow and I'm adding Emma Frost to that list..

My motivation; she's kind of in between good and evil so you never really know with her. It kind of makes you wanna knock her out :)

paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 21, 2011 09:37 AM
What I have posted below the dotted line is a copy of a post I made 2 years ago on another sleepycomics forum entitled: Who is your favorite damsel-in-distress heroine. The reason I'm copying and pasting the same information here is because I think the two forums are essentially asking the same question, i.e., who do you like to see in distress. So this is what I said then, and I say it again now because the same still applies today:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

My favorites are 1) Wonder Woman (perhaps because I'm almost as old as she is and I remember her from the early years) 2) Sheena (strange, no one else mentioned any jungle girls) 3) Black Canary (I think she has the best legs of anyone in the entire field) 4) Batgirl (Barbara Gordon, definitely most sexy version of Batgirl) 5) Ms. Marvel (though Marvel was much more stingy with her KO and carry scenes than DC was with Wonder Woman) 6) Spiderwoman (Jessica) 7) Rulah (wow, what a jungle girl she was) and 8) Nyoka, (not because of her looks but mostly because Fawcett allowed her to have as many as 6 ko's and carries in a single issue, more than any superherione or jungle girl I know of).

I just have one more thing to add: I like all superheroines in distress but am not so fond of non-superheroines, i.e., ordinary girls like the girl next door. Even though I have listed my 8 favorites above does not mean I can't really groove on so many others like : the Woman in Red, Camilla the Jungle Girl, Leopard Girl, etc. etc. etc. all of whom are available on this great website.

I think that about wraps it up. Have fun, people, and enjoy yourselves and always be sure to thank Red for this wonderful experience he provides for all of us.

And my personal word of appreciation to you Bob for being an extra-good participant in this super website. Your enthusiasm, inquisitiveness and insight are very welcome.

kodavictimm

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 21, 2011 12:35 PM
For me the fantasy is about exploiting a heroine's weakness... or sometimes her strength. Typical (though hot) examples include Supergirl being weakend by Kryptonite or Wonder Woman being bound with her own lasso... For heroines like Sue Storm, who as mentinoed earlier can faint or weaken from exerting her force-field powers, it's almost too easy...

Of course non-powered heroines like Batgirl and Black Cat can be overpowered, chloro'd, injected, headko'd... so the fantasy becomes how you would trap or capture her...

Heroines like Mera or other water-based heroines, you could conceivablySh poison/drug the water they breathe... or simply force them from the water until they weaken (though most water based characters have increased strength on land...)

I was going to make a list, but really... where do we start and where do we end? In my fantasy world/life; any opportunity with virtually any female character... except for the really old or really ugly... LOL

bobko

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 22, 2011 05:01 AM
Thanks for your replies,

and Paul thanks for those nice words :)

@kodavictimm I'm more interested in why those heroines.. judging from your reply it's more to exploit her weakness, so that would make it a strong powerful heroine who you want to pull under your control.

For me the fantasy with a heroine like sue storm, who we've defined to be a little weak it's more about saving her I guess. Being the stronger man in this all, that rescues her rather than putting her under my control. But maybe that's just me :)

stationk

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 22, 2011 04:49 PM
Favorite heroine...

At this time it's Kinetics from Femforce. Which I find it funny because I've always preferred old characters from my youth.

I think I like Kinetics because she has a mix of old-school comics with a 'new' design and she had a KO in almost every story I've seem of her. So far, She fainted, electrocuted, gassed, beaten, and even a sleeper hold ko if you like female wrestling :)

As for the others, the original Supergirl (I prefer the all blue costume), the silver age Wonder girl and Mary Marvel (who doesn't have kos :( ), then Femforce characters: Ms Victory, Yankee Girl, and Nightveil.

I've gotten a few free drawings on Deviant Art with Kinetics that I think I posted here too. :)

Modified on: 2011-07-22 13:50:20
kodavictimm

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 22, 2011 05:05 PM
Quote:
Favorite heroine...

At this time it's Kinetics from Femforce. Which I find it funny because I've always preferred old characters from my youth.

I think I like Kinetics because she has a mix of old-school comics with a 'new' design and she had a KO in almost every story I've seem of her. So far, She fainted, electrocuted, gassed, beaten, and even a sleeper hold ko if you like female wrestling :)

As for the others, the original Supergirl (I prefer the all blue costume), the silver age Wonder girl and Mary Marvel (who doesn't have kos :( ), then Femforce characters: Ms Victory, Yankee Girl, and Nightveil.

I've gotten a few free drawings on Deviant Art with Kinetics that I think I posted here too. :)

It's easy to believe that a FEMFORCE Character would have an old-school feel... Bill Black and crew have a huge respect for characters from the past, having resurrected many characters from the forties and fifties... A new character inserted into that group would have to fit in...

stationk

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 22, 2011 06:36 PM
and I look forward to the Miss Masque one-shot!

true, Kinetics could feel a bit out of place , due to the age of the other characters and some of the good girl art that appears there.

still hope that Kinetics get the chloroform :) I tried to get Monsieur Paul to draw that scene since I think he has the best chloroform scenes drawn but I fear I came too late, he has retired from drawing :(

oh and the original Miss Marvel is great too.

Modified on: 2011-07-22 15:39:37
Meec

View Profile
Post Date: Aug 14, 2011 09:15 PM
I'm more a fan of the '40s and '50s heroines KO and bondage scenarios, but I wouldn't say no to the modern day versions :)

Black Canary ( her canary scream required gagging ), Wonder Woman ( helpless if bound by a man ), Bulletgirl, Mary Marvel ( the most gagged heroine in comics AKAIK ) and Nyoka ( she has over ten gag scenes too ), to name but a few.

Buckley555

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 03, 2011 12:34 PM
Hmmm...tend to prefer some what 'weak' heroines...or ones with no super powers. Strangely Supergirl (with Kryptonite) and WW/WG )with 'power belts) I classify as weak. But other Marvel characters just don't appeal because they are so strong and difficult to defeat and then 'enjoy'. Of course DC has the best looking heroines. More overtly sexy outfits. So, a 'girly, girl' affect is important. De powering the Heroine is critically important. A blow to the head, gas, stunned by a lazer...but there is just something so sexy about taking off WW's belt.

Page: 1 2
Page creation time: 0.007430