Adventuring with Ms. Victory

Forum :: Art Requests and Original Art

Page: 1
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 20, 2012 02:20 PM
Greetings!

As some of you might remember from my first message, the reason I decided to make my presence here visibile is that I was literally stormblown by the Femforce issue 110. Even now if I sit back and think a little bit about it I end up reaching with my hands for the back of my head and saying "Wow!".

Anyhow, the idea is that I decided to put a little bit more of my spare time into drawing, inspired by that great piece, and I'd like to share a little sketch I've made from one of the panels. It should be here (I'll have to double check after I post since I'm not 100% how the code for this board works). Obviously I'm not a professional but I would like to hear some comments from you. There are many, many flaws but at least it didn't end up horrendous. I really like Cyberia's right hand, since hands are quite a pain to draw, for me at least. The left one isn't as nice but I think I saved it while shading. Also tell me please if her legs look at least slightly human, I had to improvise a bit since I didn't end up with Ms. Victory's arm where I originally wanted. As for Ms. V, her fist seems slightly too small and her arm could have used more edge, but at an over-all glance she seems human. I'll get working on backgrounds and things as well eventually but for now what I really want to nail the anatomy, and how the various details fade in and out.

The idea is that in a somewhat not-so distant future I'd like to make a small spin-off from the great scenes in the issue, adding a few extra panels with a different, but no less demeaning, ending for Ms. Victory (no more adamantium chains), even though it will not be as crazy as what I've written in my previous post. A small hint would be that Cyberia has a morbid love for excess.

I'm doing this on a 0 budget right now with just a ruler, eraser and a pencil but when I'll feel more confident I'll make a small investment in better tools, namely a mechanical pencil, one of those special crayons used for shading (I don't know if they have a particular technical name) and I'll be working on white sheets.

That being said, leave comments here if you wish, particularly on the flaws (I'm aware of many of them myself but maybe the subtle ones do not catch my eye) and take care!

Modified on: 2012-09-20 11:25:30
Page: 1
Page creation time: 0.003198