How many people in your life know?

Forum :: Sleepy and Bondage Talk

Page: 1 2
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 05, 2009 10:03 PM
Quote:
Quote:
The wife knows, she's ok with it. One other very close friend knows and they are ok with it too!

So how did she find out? Was it before or after you married?

Oh, before we were married. Used to hypnotize her. It was great fun.

VulcanWolf

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 08, 2009 12:54 AM
No one in my life knows, but I've thought about telling my best friend.... I know she'd be cool with it, because she knows about another peccadillo (sp?) of mine, and she's very cool with and supportive of that one.

Arcadian

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 08, 2009 01:09 AM
I haven't told anyone because doing so would be useless. I am not interested in KOing real people or even pretending to KO real people. I use this stuff for my imagination, and that's how it will stay.

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 08, 2009 07:46 AM
Quote:
I haven't told anyone because doing so would be useless. I am not interested in KOing real people or even pretending to KO real people. I use this stuff for my imagination, and that's how it will stay.

Arcadian, in another thread you said you're in a relationship. How do you manage to keep this a secret from your significant other?

I run Sleepycomics.com
Jakken

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 20, 2009 09:34 PM
Lets see. Well this may sound odd but I found out about there was such a sleepy fetish about 3 weeks ago. Now only a handful know. mostly a close friends I RP with online. So a handful of close bros (online) that are ok and even encourage RPs with it. My girl friend found out when we were talking about our kinks. She said it sounds like fun. I was shocked considering if told just any girl they would think your a pervert or a some type of rapist. I was glad she is ok with it.

ILM of JMJ July 31 1988-May 29,2006 Miss you bro.
paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 30, 2009 11:36 PM
In another forum, I mentioned that my wife knows, and has known for many years,and recently she told me it's "silly; you're a grown man, put away childish things." But we never argue about it and she simply seems to ignore it. Together, we've produced three daughters, one of which still lives at home with us. I will add, and this is very significant, I have been married twice and my first wife never gave me the real reason she wanted the divorce -- she went to Ireland with another man after being married to me for 6 years, but she soon broke up with him and returned 3 months later and filed for our divorce. I've always been thoroughly convinced there was a deeper reason for that divorce, having nothing to do with "another man". The deeper reason, I have always suspected, was that I never told her about my "sleepy superheroine fantasy" and she figured it out on her own by going through my papers, letters, books, and diary. Perhaps if I had found a way to let her know about it, she would not have decided to end the relationship. Maybe, maybe not. I guess it's lucky she and I had no children, because they almost always suffer bad side effects from divorce.

Anyway, my present wife knows and we've been married more than our daughters who are all in their twenties have been alive -- and we're still going strong. So I guess letting the spouse know has worked OK for me, and not letting the first one know may have worked badly for me.

Modified on: 2009-10-30 20:38:01
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Nov 01, 2009 02:59 AM
Quote:

Anyway, my present wife knows and we've been married more than our daughters who are all in their twenties have been alive -- and we're still going strong. So I guess letting the spouse know has worked OK for me, and not letting the first one know may have worked badly for me.

Something I've noticed, is that expectations can play a role in how people respond to your fetish. If you never tell anyone about your fetish, and they find out on their own, their reaction will probably be "shock". But if you gradually reveal your fetish, the reaction is not as dramatic.

I run Sleepycomics.com
paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Nov 01, 2009 10:12 AM
Quote:
Quote:

Something I've noticed, is that expectations can play a role in how people respond to your fetish. If you never tell anyone about your fetish, and they find out on their own, their reaction will probably be "shock". But if you gradually reveal your fetish, the reaction is not as dramatic.

Agreed!!

Also there is a thing called "false advertising" in a sexual relationship: false advertising is when one partner presents him/herself as being a certain type of person and later is discovered to be something/someone else -- something akin to a guy pretending to be wealthy, when he is only moderately well off. Except that this not the only area where "false advertising" can occur. One can present oneself as
"really cool" and not really be that way; or one can present oneself as full of sexual prowess, and turn out not to be that way. False advertising in relationships can even be related to morality or spiritual matters. Early in a relationship one can present him/herself as "religious", or "very moral" or "a very good person", then later on the partner makes the discovery that the person they thought the other was is not really that person . . . . false advertising is then discovered and the survival of the relationship is seriously threatened. At the end of the day, not telling one's sex partner about one's "sleepy super-heroine fantasy" may be just one more form of "false advertising" in an intimate and affectionate relationship, and if a sex-partner discovers it, a form of deep disappointment occurs and the relationship may be adversely affected.

Modified on: 2010-02-23 05:52:22
Page: 1 2
Page creation time: 0.008862