Education

Forum :: Random Discussion

Page: 1
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 08, 2009 01:02 AM
For those who are in college, what is your major and what do you want to do after you graduate? For those not yet in college or not going to college, what do you want to do? For those finished with education, what did you study and how did it benefit you?

I'm an undergrad in psychology. I plan to go to grad school and study cognitive neuroscience. CN is the study of brain mechanisms underlying cognitive functioning - meaning higher brain functioning (like emotion, memory, attention, reasoning, etc.). To give you an idea of what this entails, CN involves scanning people's brains while they perform activities involving cognition so we can see what parts of the brain are active, measure statistics involved with the brain, and create theories of the mind-brain relationship.

I plan to get a PhD and go on to work in an academic setting as a researcher and/or professor.

Modified on: 2009-10-07 22:10:50
yop666

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 08, 2009 01:13 AM
Currently in my final year of finishing my undergraduate education in Management, Economics and Law. After that I have no clue what I'm gonna do. Certainly not work because I'm way too young for that! I guess I'll just finish this education and see from there what happens.

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 08, 2009 07:43 AM
I studied Computer Science and got a Bachelor's of Science. Currently working as a full time software developer with no intentions of going back to school.

I run Sleepycomics.com
Page: 1
Page creation time: 0.012692