Ways to make money from sleepycomics.com

Forum :: Sleepy and Bondage Talk

Page: 1
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 17, 2009 12:21 AM
Sleepycomics.com is beginning to become one of the more visited bondage/sleepy content sites. In 24 hours, this website can get thousands of unique visitors and tens of thousands of page hits.

Many bloggers can only dream of such numbers, but Sleepycomics.com has made it a reality. Normally, with this many page impressions, a site as popular as this should be able to make money through advertising. However, I have tried advertising before on this site with mixed results. In particular, ads do not target very well.

Making money through commissions and donations works, but not enough people seem willing to donate under the current economic conditions at least.

I have always been against charging users to access this site, but I want to explore possible tiered accounts. Maybe there can be free accounts and premium accounts.

I could also make it so that users who contribute scenes or donate a few bucks can have access to the database. But would this be popular?

The reason I am bringing this up, is because the cost of running this site is getting pretty expensive.

Anyone have ideas? How do you make money from a site like this?

I run Sleepycomics.com
yop666

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 17, 2009 05:21 PM
Hmmm, I dont know. I think that making SC a paysite would scare a lot of users away (although that's not what you were thinking anyway). I know you've tried Google Adwords before but it could be an option again. Advertisements in general don't bother me, but as far as anything else, I cant really come up with anything. I've worked for Search Engine Optimalisation companies but there isnt really a lot of money in that. I would certainly add advertisements and just keep them. It may not be a lot but it's still something.

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 17, 2009 05:54 PM
Quote:
Hmmm, I dont know. I think that making SC a paysite would scare a lot of users away (although that's not what you were thinking anyway). I know you've tried Google Adwords before but it could be an option again. Advertisements in general don't bother me, but as far as anything else, I cant really come up with anything. I've worked for Search Engine Optimalisation companies but there isnt really a lot of money in that. I would certainly add advertisements and just keep them. It may not be a lot but it's still something.

Yeah, I doubt I could ever make this a paysite without driving everybody away. The problem with advertisements are, they only work if people click on them and buy stuff. And my audience is already very familiar with this site and so they will most likely just ignore the ads.

I'll keep thinking of ideas though.

I run Sleepycomics.com
Page: 1
Page creation time: 0.005978