Comic Searching Techniques

Forum :: Sleepy and Bondage Talk

Page: 1
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 18, 2009 01:21 PM
After searching...oh...several thousand comics, I am starting to become very experienced at finding knockout and bondage scenes. In fact, I've learned some cool techniques to help increase the amount of scenes found. I want to share some of what I've learned.

I can narrow down my search methodology to two types: Brute force, and Targeted Search.

Brute Force Searching

This is the simplest kind of search, but also the most tedious. Brute force searching entails simply acquiring a batch of comics, search through each one by one and save all the good scenes. Effective, but slow.

This method seems to produce some really good scenes (most chloro scenes today are found using brute force). The downside, is that you have to spend time going through dozens of comics before finding a gem, and this can be very grueling on the eyes and mind.

Fortunately, there is another method that I occasionally like to use.

Targeted Search

Instead of randomly searching comics, pick comics that have a higher probability of producing a scene. But how do you know if a comic has a "higher probability"? This, is where research comes in.

One of my earliest methods of finding scenes was to Google the words "comic book sleeping gas". I would sift through the results, read comic issue summaries and acquire comics that I felt had at least a 90% chance of producing a scene. This worked beautifully...until I pretty much exhausted Google search. Google search still produces results, you just have to be creative with your keywords. Try searching for phrases like "knocked her out", or "rendered unconscious".

Another method of targeted searching, is to search by author. If you know that an author has a history of drawing knockout/bondage scenes, then look at other comics drawn by that person. A good example is the manga artist Chie Shinohara. All her books were filled with DiD and chloro scenes.

Cover scanning is an easy, but naive way of targeted searching. You basically look at comic covers and if one is interesting (it has bondage or an unconscious carry), you look inside. But have you ever heard the phrase, "never judge a book by its cover"?

Finally, there is statistical analysis, which is a more advanced technique that I haven't put to test yet. Sleepycomics.com is currently a treasure trove of comic book data. In a few years, we will be able to answer questions like: Which comic publisher has more scenes? DC or Marvel?, Which decade produces the most scenes?, What genre of comic produces more scenes? and possibly more. For example, if we discover that Marvel produces higher quality scenes, then let's put all our resources into searching Marvel comics. Or maybe we discover that Manga is a huge opportunity that we are missing out on. Gathering statistical data is by far the most exciting aspect of Sleepycomics.com, and will help change the way scenes are found.

That's all I have for now. If anyone has other ideas or techniques on how to find scenes, please share them!

I run Sleepycomics.com
Page: 1
Page creation time: 0.003216