Are you single right now?

Forum :: Love and Dating Advice

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 05, 2009 06:51 PM
Quote:
I'm single and I absolutely hate it and I feel like I'm going to be single forever. Sometimes it feels like this kind of thing is what I have instead of actual interaction with girls. I'm not really happy with my fetish or my situation with regard to girls, so meh...

I am definitely looking for a relationship, but it's just not going to happen I think...

Hey man, I feel the same way sometimes, and a lot of people (both men and women) think that. However, I don't think we as human beings have the ability to predict our future with such a degree of certainty, that we can make a claim such as "I will be single FOREVER". Because the truth is, statistically speaking, most people will have a relationship at SOME point in their lives.

You just have to be patient. For me, I don't hate my current single status...I just accept it.

I run Sleepycomics.com
yop666

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 05, 2009 10:12 PM
I think I speak for all of us when I say...

Thank God for Internet, right?

lonelynerd

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 07, 2009 05:08 PM
I feel like elaborating on my previous post. Just as you guys are the only people I've ever talked to about my fetish for unconscious hot chicks, you might as well be the only ones to hear this...

The reason I'm so depressed about being single isn't just that I don't have a girlfriend, it's that I've never had a girlfriend. Actually I've never kissed a girl, ever. Most of my friends have had sex, and I've never kissed a girl. As if that isn't bad enough, I can't even talk to girls, like I have no clue how to do it. I can't flirt because I am unattractive. I can't be "self-confident" because it would be totally fake. The fact that I'm socially awkward and ugly is made even worse by the fact that I'm short, really short. Worst thing of all is, I am afraid I'm not even capable of "satisfying" a girl, if you know what I mean...

Sleep peacefully Wonder Woman, you will awake in the Fatherland...
lonelynerd

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 07, 2009 05:09 PM
Oh yeah and supposedly its good if you have a sense of humour??
nobody laughs at my jokes

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 07, 2009 06:29 PM
Quote:

The reason I'm so depressed about being single isn't just that I don't have a girlfriend, it's that I've never had a girlfriend. Actually I've never kissed a girl, ever. Most of my friends have had sex, and I've never kissed a girl.

Neither have I man! A few people I know in life are the same way. It is much more common than you think. And outside of my sleepycomics.com life, I am a pretty average person. And I'm not worried because in a few years, when I have tons of money and matured a bit, I'll probably be in the top 1% of eligible bachelors (haha, I wish).

I run Sleepycomics.com
Arcadian

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 08, 2009 12:29 AM
No, I have a girlfriend and we've been dating for over a year. It's going really well. I can see this going for a long time. She's also my first girlfriend. (I'm 20 years old.)

To those who have never had a relationship, do not worry about it! The worst thing you can do is try to "force it." The only reason why I have a girlfriend is because I've known this girl for many years, and apparently she always liked me but never really told me. Everything that happens in life is chaotic and unpredictable. All you can do is increase your chances of meeting people who appeal to you.

Modified on: 2009-10-07 21:52:28
lonelynerd

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 09, 2009 05:44 PM
Haha everybody says not to force it and to just relax. But like at university I have basicly been pretty relaxed, I haven't tried to force it or anything and I just haven't met anybody. Its only been three weeks, but all my friends told me I'd be making conversation with lots of girls: no, no I'm not I haven't talked to any, its just what I expected and just what everyone told me wouldn't happen.

Plus, and this is important, I am very short.

lonelynerd

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 09, 2009 05:45 PM
Quote:
No, I have a girlfriend and we've been dating for over a year. It's going really well. I can see this going for a long time. She's also my first girlfriend. (I'm 20 years old.)

To those who have never had a relationship, do not worry about it! The worst thing you can do is try to "force it." The only reason why I have a girlfriend is because I've known this girl for many years, and apparently she always liked me but never really told me. Everything that happens in life is chaotic and unpredictable. All you can do is increase your chances of meeting people who appeal to you.

I'm happy for you and I hope what you have does go on for a long time.

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 09, 2009 06:10 PM
Quote:
Haha everybody says not to force it and to just relax. But like at university I have basicly been pretty relaxed, I haven't tried to force it or anything and I just haven't met anybody. Its only been three weeks, but all my friends told me I'd be making conversation with lots of girls: no, no I'm not I haven't talked to any, its just what I expected and just what everyone told me wouldn't happen.

Hmm, okay. Short stature may actually be a detriment (I never understood the height requirement, but whatever, it's a part of life). So I guess you're just going to have to strengthen your other aspects.

Also, joining a club helps a lot. It can be any club, whatever you're interested in. That way you make new friends, both male and female. I've found that joining a club is by far the easiest way to meet new women (plus they share your interests so you have something to talk about!).

I run Sleepycomics.com
yop666

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 10, 2009 12:46 AM
Quote:

You keep going back to your height. I dont want to be a jerk but what is your height then? I'm guessing that you have a negative image of yourself, mostly trough your height which could cause you to be uncomfortable around women or girls, because you dont feel confident.

But thats a thing thats only in your mind. Like said before, be social and meet people. You say you have friends at the university and Ive never heard of college students who dont have parties or who dont go out, so join them! Meet people! And if you're uncomfortable meeting/introducing yourself to girls, you have friends who can help you right? And even though you might not get laid on your first night out, you could still get more comfortable which will always be better for you in the long run.

And getting laid is so much more easier than finding love. If you're really desperate, just have a drink with the first girl that likes you/talks to you and keep those drinks coming. It's not the most ethical thing in the world, but it might get you past that first step.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Page creation time: 0.013863