New Anime OAV series: Aika Zero

Forum :: Scene requests, Alerts and Corrections

Page: 1 2
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Nov 15, 2009 09:48 PM
There is a new OAV (straight to DVD) series coming out in Japan which I think folks will find interesting. It is a sequel to the previous Agent Aika and Aika R-16 OAVs, and is called Aika Zero. It takes place in between the events of Aika R-16 and the original Agent Aika.

There are three episodes planned, two have already come out in Japan, and the last one comes out December 22. It is being released on Blu-Ray and DVD. No word yet on an American release, AFAIK.

In this one, Aika, now 19, has graduated to the level of junior full-time Salvage Expert/secret agent. She is investigating some shadowy goings-on in a private girl's school which has been infiltrated by some kind of alien intelligence. This "alien AI" is going around shooting its glowing golden tendrils into the girls in the school, which invariably results in an instant knockout, followed by scenes of the unconscious girls being carried off by the glowy tendrils. It also seems to be turning some of the girls into its evil servants.

So, you've got lots of innocent school girls getting knocked out by the alien, plus you've got hench-women getting knocked out by Aika and company. Plus, Aika herself gets knocked out in the first episode, is still unconscious in the beginning of the second one (which opens with a long shot of her lying topless and unconscious in the hospital scanner), and it seems from the "coming next episode" teaser that she will get knocked out again in the final episode. And or course, hardly a scene goes by without a boob or panty shot of some kind.

If you have seen any of the previous Aika OAVs, you know what to expect, and will not be disappointed. If not, you should check them out, as they are relevant to our interests.

yop666

View Profile
Post Date: Nov 16, 2009 01:52 PM
I've watched this since the beginning of the series. It is amazing! The only thing that's missing is a chloroform KO, but a score I would give it is 95%.

Aika Zero has two episodes out already. The last one is coming in the end of December.

Aika Zero ep 1 and:
http://www.watchanimeon.com/aika-zero-episode-1/
http://www.watchanimeon.com/aika-zero-episode-2/

The first one is subbed, the second one is still raw.

Modified on: 2009-11-16 10:52:34
lurkndog

View Profile
Post Date: Nov 16, 2009 07:40 PM
Also, if you've seen the original Agent Aika series, the alien with the glowy tendrils pretty much HAS to be the source of her magic bustier in the original show.

Modified on: 2009-11-16 16:41:24
lurkndog

View Profile
Post Date: Dec 22, 2009 08:08 AM
Episode 3 is out in Japan, but we probably won't see a RAW of it here for another day or so.

yop666

View Profile
Post Date: Dec 23, 2009 08:23 PM
Anyone found anything yet?

SleepyZelda

View Profile
Post Date: Dec 25, 2009 10:19 AM
I loved that purple-haired woman how was she knocked out in episode 2.

lurkndog

View Profile
Post Date: Dec 26, 2009 05:04 PM
I managed to download a raw version of Episode three yesterday morning off of IRC. It will probably show up in the regular torrent channels soon.

The verdict: not the five-star finale I had been hoping for, but still pretty good.

Yes, Aika gets knocked out, twice actually, but she is right back on her feet almost immediately in both cases. None of the other heroines get knocked out at all, which is disappointing.

All of the bad girls get knocked out, and near the end of the show, we see the lower level "white knight" henchwomen all lined up out cold, bent over a kind of mobile rack. Two of them wake up, and are promptly sent back to dreamland by Karen, the blue haired hero girl, who shoots them in the butt with tranq bullets.

Our heroes also discover all the victims of the "E.T. A.I." who are hanging up unconscious in the underground alien spaceship. There is a brief shot of those girls being put onto one of those mobile rack things as well.

One thing they did which I'm not so sure about was to have a couple of the bad girls get dispatched in ways where they looked dead, rather than unconscious. Eyes wide open and devoid of reflections, basically. Though, both characters are seen alive at the end of the episode/in the credits, so the implication is that they were just knocked out with their eyes open. Whatever the case, I don't like blurring the line between sleepy and necro.

The bottom line, though, is that it's more classic Aika, so you should check it out if you are so inclined.

lurkndog

View Profile
Post Date: Dec 27, 2009 11:42 AM
Red, I'm not sure what the rules on this are. I'm willing to post some screen caps, if the site allows it.

Felafel

View Profile
Post Date: Dec 28, 2009 05:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HljSJr_YtU8

lurkndog

View Profile
Post Date: Dec 30, 2009 12:42 AM
Chisumatic now has some screens caps up:

http://chizumatic.mee.nu/aika_zero_--_ep_3#more

Warning: the "panchira" shot that is in a separate link is just... too much for me.

Modified on: 2009-12-29 21:45:10
Page: 1 2
Page creation time: 0.010528