Things you would like to see added to Sleepy Comics

Forum :: Praise, Criticism and Site Help

Page: 1 2 3 4
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 28, 2009 08:19 PM
I modified the forum so that topics with new posts are highlighted with a small icon. Hope this helps!

I run Sleepycomics.com
bisochim

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 29, 2009 04:11 PM
I'm really impressed with the site layout, it's very nice!

I think it would be fun to put in a section for fan fiction. Sometimes, a good fanfic does a lot more than pictures and such. I would definitely contribute and I would enjoy reading what other members write and post as well. Just a thought. ^^

I <3 eyerolls
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 29, 2009 07:21 PM
Quote:
I'm really impressed with the site layout, it's very nice!

I think it would be fun to put in a section for fan fiction. Sometimes, a good fanfic does a lot more than pictures and such. I would definitely contribute and I would enjoy reading what other members write and post as well. Just a thought. ^^

That's an interesting idea. Maybe I can add a new category for scenes called "Story" or "Fan Fic" and people can upload text files containing their stories. They can even add original art to the story as well. In fact, there is nothing stopping people from doing this right now actually.

I run Sleepycomics.com
yop666

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 05, 2009 10:11 PM
One thing I'm still missing about the forum is a General Off-Topic subforum. We've only got politics, relationships and webdevelopment but what about sports, movies, music, games, electronics, etc, etc.

I dont know if it's possible but because there aren't a lot of topics in the current subforums, maybe you can move them into one big general off-topic forum.

Just an idea. Up to you if you want to work it out and how.

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 05, 2009 11:20 PM
Quote:
One thing I'm still missing about the forum is a General Off-Topic subforum. We've only got politics, relationships and webdevelopment but what about sports, movies, music, games, electronics, etc, etc.

I dont know if it's possible but because there aren't a lot of topics in the current subforums, maybe you can move them into one big general off-topic forum.

Ok, I'll add something. There just isn't a lot of discussion outside of sleepy stuff, so I haven't added any more sub forums.

I run Sleepycomics.com
yop666

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 05, 2009 11:29 PM
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, I'll add something. There just isn't a lot of discussion outside of sleepy stuff, so I haven't added any more sub forums.

For me personally, it's because there havent been a lot of options. And I dont want to be the guy who opens an NFL topic in the relationships section. I mean I like the Giants, but It's not like I love'em you know. ;-)

shoutengan

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 10, 2009 12:08 AM
Finally back to active to this forum. Hmm, I check other forum and they have a place where the user can put a story they create and let the other user comment on it. Can you put those kind of section in the forum red?

That`s it baby, take a deep breath. Sssssshhhhhh
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 10, 2009 01:06 AM
Quote:
Finally back to active to this forum. Hmm, I check other forum and they have a place where the user can put a story they create and let the other user comment on it. Can you put those kind of section in the forum red?

A section for user submitted stories? Hmmm, I don't know. I really don't think a web forum is the proper place to put stories. If I were to have stories posted, I would much rather prefer them added to the database so users can leave comments and rate them. But right now I'm not sure if I want that. There also doesn't seem to be a big demand for it either.

I run Sleepycomics.com
lurkndog

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 14, 2009 08:15 AM
How about adding a field for "Artist" to the scene listings? It might be nice to track who drew what, particularly on comics from the Big Three where the creative staff changes a lot during a comic's run.

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 15, 2009 07:42 AM
Quote:
How about adding a field for "Artist" to the scene listings? It might be nice to track who drew what, particularly on comics from the Big Three where the creative staff changes a lot during a comic's run.

That's a good idea actually. It might add quite a bit of overhead, but it would be an optional field of course.

I run Sleepycomics.com
Page: 1 2 3 4
Page creation time: 0.011056