Things you would like to see added to Sleepy Comics

Forum :: Praise, Criticism and Site Help

Page: 1 2 3 4
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 13, 2009 06:46 AM
Personally, I really like the new version of SleepyComics.com. The usage of the back button is so much more comfortable.

There are only two things that I really liked from the last version, that I'd like to see returned.

1. The ability to rate a scene
Because it felt nice, even though not a lot of people did it, to give my opinion about a scene.

2. Being able to see what the rating of a scene is, before you click on it
The previous version had it, and it felt nice because I really dont need to watch every 1* scene. Now you don't know what you're getting into.

That's it. As for the rest, I've already gotten used to the new layout and I think it works like a charm. It's easy, it's fast and it's comfortable.

And of course you've got a webmaster who spends too many hours than he should on this website, which makes the site always up to date.

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 13, 2009 11:11 AM
Quote:
Personally, I really like the new version of SleepyComics.com. The usage of the back button is so much more comfortable.

There are only two things that I really liked from the last version, that I'd like to see returned.

1. The ability to rate a scene
Because it felt nice, even though not a lot of people did it, to give my opinion about a scene.

2. Being able to see what the rating of a scene is, before you click on it
The previous version had it, and it felt nice because I really dont need to watch every 1* scene. Now you don't know what you're getting into.

That's it. As for the rest, I've already gotten used to the new layout and I think it works like a charm. It's easy, it's fast and it's comfortable.

And of course you've got a webmaster who spends too many hours than he should on this website, which makes the site always up to date.

Thanks for the suggestions. Your recommendation about ratings is interesting, because I had a slightly different view.

You're right, not a lot of people actually rated scenes so I figured what was the point of keeping that feature? Most people just looked at a scene and moved on.

Also, I really wanted people to look at every scene that was added, even if it had a low rating. I didn't want people to start ignoring scenes proactively, I want each scene to have a fair chance at being viewed.

I am interested in improving the rating system though.

I run Sleepycomics.com
ThePhoenixKing

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 13, 2009 11:38 PM
One thing I might like to see is a more thorough "Recent Additions" section. With the previous site, you could see all of the submissions, starting from the most recent and working your way back. With this version, you can only see the five most recent on the main page, and it would be cool if that could be expanded further.

Next, it would be nice if one could edit pages and scenes, maybe correct the person's name that is listed, stuff like that. Some scenes don't have a name attached to them, others have the wrong one (there's one scene of Siryn in which she's listed as Jean Grey), so it would be nice to be able to fix that.

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 13, 2009 11:42 PM
Quote:
One thing I might like to see is a more thorough "Recent Additions" section. With the previous site, you could see all of the submissions, starting from the most recent and working your way back. With this version, you can only see the five most recent on the main page, and it would be cool if that could be expanded further.

Next, it would be nice if one could edit pages and scenes, maybe correct the person's name that is listed, stuff like that. Some scenes don't have a name attached to them, others have the wrong one (there's one scene of Siryn in which she's listed as Jean Grey), so it would be nice to be able to fix that.

In regards to "Recent Additions", all you have to do is perform an empty search (just click the Search button at the top). The results are listed by most recently added, and you can page all the way back in time.

In regards to your idea about editing pages, I don't think I'll allow that right now. It's too easy for someone to mess something up. What I would prefer is if you just leave a comment at the bottom of the scene and I can fix it personally.

Also, if you add your own scene, you can edit it later on.

I run Sleepycomics.com
ThePhoenixKing

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 14, 2009 12:11 AM
Quote:
Quote:

In regards to "Recent Additions", all you have to do is perform an empty search (just click the Search button at the top). The results are listed by most recently added, and you can page all the way back in time.

In regards to your idea about editing pages, I don't think I'll allow that right now. It's too easy for someone to mess something up. What I would prefer is if you just leave a comment at the bottom of the scene and I can fix it personally.

Also, if you add your own scene, you can edit it later on.

Oh, I didn't know that, that's pretty cool, actually. Fair enough!

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 15, 2009 11:40 PM
Blx, I just realized why you want ratings back: you rated over 560 scenes!! You know, I think I have some ideas for how to make ratings better. Give me some time, I'll figure something out.

I run Sleepycomics.com
lurkndog

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 16, 2009 12:05 AM
You might add a FAQ describing the posting rules, what is and is not allowed, etc.

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 16, 2009 12:11 AM
Quote:
You might add a FAQ describing the posting rules, what is and is not allowed, etc.

Yeah, I have a small page like that over here: http://sleepycomics.com/board/rules.php. The rules are fairly obvious.

I run Sleepycomics.com
yop666

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 27, 2009 11:47 PM
One thing that I would like to see added to the forum is a way to see where there are new posts. Now I'm just trying to figure it out according to the amounts of posts per forum, but that isnt the easiest way of finding out where there are new posts.

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 28, 2009 06:10 PM
Quote:
One thing that I would like to see added to the forum is a way to see where there are new posts. Now I'm just trying to figure it out according to the amounts of posts per forum, but that isnt the easiest way of finding out where there are new posts.

Ok I'll think of something. I am thinking about making an activity log showing all recent activity across the site.

I run Sleepycomics.com
Page: 1 2 3 4
Page creation time: 0.007849