Does anyone 'really' read comics?

Forum :: Sleepy and Bondage Talk

Page: 1 2 3
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 26, 2009 08:44 PM
I read comics a lot. Recently though I've been getting them from the library in graphic novel form. I started collecting comics for "sleepy girl" scenes. I knew I liked from The Avengers on TV. But after a while some became favorites. I also grew to like certain artists so I became a comic fan as well. But now I wait until till most comics hit the library.

knockoutking

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 27, 2009 04:44 PM
Quote:
Quote:
One thing is for sure, we feel empowered and energized by "sleepy" scenes, right?

You have an interesting analysis Paul, I honestly never thought of it that way. Seeing unconscious women does indeed feel very empowering, there is no doubt about that.

I don't believe that all sleepy fans are male though, I simply don't. There are females out there that have this fascination, but I think they are more reluctant to be open about it. Society just doesn't see women as being "perverted" in the same sense that men are.

knockoutking

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 28, 2009 11:21 AM
I don't believe all knockout fans are male. Knew a girl once who told me she enjoyed seeing Batman (Adam West) get knocked out. Alos she told me about several scenes in the animated stories of Batman when he got knocked. At first I thought she was just patronizing me because she knew I enjoyed this fantasy also. But later I saw some of the scenes just as she had described them and I believe she was sincere about it. She would roleplay with me on the phone. She loved to roleplay as Black Canary and loved it. So did I of course.

lonelynerd

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 28, 2009 07:11 PM
I started reading comics (Spider-man) when I was really young and discovered this fetish through comics. But first and foremost I like reading comcics as pieces of story-telling and entertainment. I think its hard to explain to somebody who doesn't like comics that much how good they CAN be (they can be awful). I'd say (and I'm not exactly an expert) read the JM Staczynski run on Amazing Spider-man (starting issue 30) and maybe one of the famous graphic novels, like Watchmen or the Dark Knight Returns. (I think "graphic novel" is a silly term... it's still just a comic, and there's nothing wrong with comics.)

The side of me that's in to sleepy stuff is totally different to the side of me that is a comic-fan. None of the comics I'd call my favourites are ones which prominently feature hot women getting knocked out, tied up and stuff. I do love stuff like that, but its separate. Similarly, I'm guessing most people that like sleepy stuff don't only watch tv in the hope of finding KO and bondage. Basically, when I want to read a comic, I try to find a good comic. When I want this stuff, I come to this site.

Sleep peacefully Wonder Woman, you will awake in the Fatherland...
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 28, 2009 08:17 PM
Quote:
I started reading comics (Spider-man) when I was really young and discovered this fetish through comics.

Interesting perspective. It seems a lot of people discovered this fetish during the Silver Age of comics. TV at the time also had a lot of KO's.

By the way, you haven't formally introduced yourself Lonely!

I run Sleepycomics.com
tranqdowner

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 14, 2009 10:14 PM
Graphic Novels , Yes

Watchmen is about a deep as it gets

it would have been a great story even without
the artwork

SSSSIPP !!, AAAGHH!!, mmmm... (thump)
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 14, 2009 10:58 PM
Quote:
Graphic Novels , Yes

Watchmen is about a deep as it gets

it would have been a great story even without
the artwork

Watchmen is my favorite piece of literature of all time.

I run Sleepycomics.com
lonelynerd

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 16, 2009 06:06 PM
Relevant to this subject: picked up volume 1 of Ms Marvel in trade paperback, not motivated by trying to fing KO scenes (there are a couple by the way, not amazing.) It's alright, not great, I'm hoping volume 2 picks up the pace with the Civil War arc.

Sleep peacefully Wonder Woman, you will awake in the Fatherland...
Jakken

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 20, 2009 09:23 PM
For me I havent been a huge comic reader. I mean, the super heroes I like is either from the cartoons or movies I have watched. Of course, watching a watching a movie has inspired me to read the actual comic it was frome. (sin city is a perfect example of that). Also one big reason why is there is so many spin off's of the charcters in comics. It's hard to even know whitch comic is even worth my time reading.

ILM of JMJ July 31 1988-May 29,2006 Miss you bro.
ThePhoenixKing

View Profile
Post Date: Nov 01, 2009 12:52 AM
I seem to be in the minority here; I'm a huge comic book reader, and while I might pick something up for the sleepy/bondage scenes, for the most part, that's a secondary concern for me. I tend to read comics very thoroughly, and stuff like cool characters and plots are of major importance to me (though I am more of a Marvel reade than a DC one). I too suffer from the problem of books overflowing with comics, but one of these days, I'll send off a bunch of them to my local library, maybe get some new people interested in the medium.

Page: 1 2 3
Page creation time: 0.014514