Does anyone 'really' read comics?

Forum :: Sleepy and Bondage Talk

Page: 1 2 3
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 13, 2009 07:05 AM
Personally. whenever I download any comic book, I never read them. Ever. I just look for a KO scene and if it's not there I throw it in the trash bin of my computer. And then on to the next.

Who really reads comics here? I know Red doesnt, but how about someone else.

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 13, 2009 11:06 AM
Quote:
Personally. whenever I download any comic book, I never read them. Ever. I just look for a KO scene and if it's not there I throw it in the trash bin of my computer. And then on to the next.

The reason I don't read most comics is because it would take way too much time! Also, I've read some American comics before and honestly, they weren't that interesting.

There are times when I'll be flipping through a comic, and by reading the pictures I can get a sense for what the story is about.

I run Sleepycomics.com
lurkndog

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 14, 2009 09:30 AM
Quote:

I read a lot more comics when I was in my 20's. Not nearly so much now.

It's not a matter of time or money, it's storage space! The last time I moved, I finally got rid of all my unwanted comics by donating them to the public library. I had two car-loads of them! Never again.

Nowadays I just buy the collections, and then just the cream of the crop, unless something really catches my eye (Wonder Woman 26, the recent issues of Secret Six).

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 14, 2009 06:05 PM
Quote:
Quote:

I read a lot more comics when I was in my 20's. Not nearly so much now.

It's not a matter of time or money, it's storage space! The last time I moved, I finally got rid of all my unwanted comics by donating them to the public library. I had two car-loads of them! Never again.

Nowadays I just buy the collections, and then just the cream of the crop, unless something really catches my eye (Wonder Woman 26, the recent issues of Secret Six).

I hope you checked the comics for KO scenes before donating them!

Also lurkndog, you should post something in the intro thread. I'd love to know more about you.

I run Sleepycomics.com
gytalf2000

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 18, 2009 12:40 PM
Quote:

I do not read or collect anywhere near the amount of comics that I once did.
I pared down my list to a bare minimum a couple of years ago.
At this point, I would rather spend my money on commissioning my "superheroines-in-peril" artwork.

If I had more time, money, and space, however, I would definitely prefer to spend lots of time reading through my old and new comics!

paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 19, 2009 03:00 PM
Like most of those who have already spoken, I normally do not read comics page-to- page or frame-to-frame. Sometimes I have, but rarely, and even then it is after I have scanned the whole storyline to see the KO and bondage scenes first. The point is, for me and most who have posted here, it is the visual portrayal of a damsel in actual distress that heightens my interest, nothing else. Lurking somewhere in the shadows behind this question is the issue: "Why do we enjoy so very much such 'sleepy' portrayals and scenes?" This is not easy to answer. The very fact that this subject weighs on many of us is a sign that we have anxiety, perhaps even deep worry about it. The undeniable fact that MOST SLEEPYCOMICS FANS ARE MALE causes me to believe MALE interest in such scenes goes back to early childhood feelings of helplessness especially at the hands of and mercy of significant FEMALES in our lives -- our mothers, older sisters, aunts and grandmothers. There may be also an unconscious desire to CONTROL these feminine giants who in our past had so much control over us. Fantasizing that a beautiful, strong heroine is unconscious in OUR ARMS is a way of regaining the power we once lost due to the limitations of early childhood. In other words, we are possibly trying to make up for lost time. One thing is for sure, we feel empowered and energized by "sleepy" scenes, right?

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 20, 2009 12:51 AM
Quote:
One thing is for sure, we feel empowered and energized by "sleepy" scenes, right?

You have an interesting analysis Paul, I honestly never thought of it that way. Seeing unconscious women does indeed feel very empowering, there is no doubt about that.

I don't believe that all sleepy fans are male though, I simply don't. There are females out there that have this fascination, but I think they are more reluctant to be open about it. Society just doesn't see women as being "perverted" in the same sense that men are.

I run Sleepycomics.com
SleepingNymph

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 21, 2009 01:44 AM
Not of course, I only search for scenes I like.

shoutengan

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 24, 2009 11:51 AM
I read comic books frame per frame ^^
Basicly, I love reading manga and comic. Unfortunately, it`s so hard to find american or european comic in my country. The only comic books that I found here is only Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck . But, if I have comic, I`ll read it.

I agree with Paul, MOST OF SLEEPYCOMICS FANS ARE MALE. There is some female but I not many of them I think. Also, fantasizing a female especially the hot one unconscious in our arms surely empowering.

That`s it baby, take a deep breath. Sssssshhhhhh
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 25, 2009 06:30 PM
Quote:
I read comic books frame per frame ^^
Basicly, I love reading manga and comic. Unfortunately, it`s so hard to find american or european comic in my country. The only comic books that I found here is only Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck . But, if I have comic, I`ll read it.

What country are you from? EDIT: Nevermind, I saw ur welcome post. You're from Indonesia!

Modified on: 2009-09-25 15:31:08
I run Sleepycomics.com
Page: 1 2 3
Page creation time: 0.009969