Cartoon/Comics vs Real Actresses

Forum :: Sleepy and Bondage Talk

Page: 1 2
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 07, 2010 05:19 PM
Hi,

Being a religious fan of SleepyComics I sometimes wonder what I like better; the "acted" knockouts in movies, played by real actresses or the knockouts drawn on paper by comic book artist..

For me it's always been about the heroines. I think I like the balance between strong femenity/power and vulnerability. And that just happens way more in comics then in series. But even if I had to choose between Jessica Alba in the fantastic four movie to be knocked out vs Sue Storm in the Fantastic Four TAS or a great KO scene inside a comic issue, I would choose the cartoon (and then the comic) over the movie/acting for sure!

What about you guys? I look forward to hearing your idea's/thoughts..

"With great power comes great vulnerability" ;)
gytalf2000

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 08, 2010 12:55 PM
I am not sure which I would choose; I dearly love both genres!

It would probably just depend on what kind of mood that I was in, at the moment.

Right now, I would go with a good comic book KO scene. If you ask me tomorrow, I might say "live action KO", instead.

bobko

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 08, 2010 03:44 PM
interesting..

Well maybe it's just that "right now" is my cartoon/comic period. I'm not sure. I enjoy both for sure, but for example I check dA / SleepyComics way more than I ever do/did ChloroForum or my subscriptions on youtube.

On the other hand, I've also spend a fair amount of money on the commercial sleepy movies

Arcadian

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 09, 2010 05:09 PM
Real actresses, definitely.

oldslim1

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 09, 2010 07:01 PM
I too like both. It depends on how well the actress carries out her part. Sometimes when they are supposed to be out cold and limp we see them move a leg or arm and partly support themselves when they are being picked up for a carry scene. And how well they fall whenknocked out with blackjack or chloro. Some are better than others at this. Then in the comics if the artwork is really good we enjoy the heroine's legs being drawn disproportionly long which is good and she has a dynamite figure and sometimes her costume will be more skimpy than what we could usually expect with a real live actress. I enjoy them all as long as those sexy looking chicks with great legs and skimpy costumes keep getting themselves knocked out cold.

bobko

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 10, 2010 06:15 AM
Quote:
I too like both. It depends on how well the actress carries out her part. Sometimes when they are supposed to be out cold and limp we see them move a leg or arm and partly support themselves when they are being picked up for a carry scene. And how well they fall whenknocked out with blackjack or chloro. Some are better than others at this. Then in the comics if the artwork is really good we enjoy the heroine's legs being drawn disproportionly long which is good and she has a dynamite figure and sometimes her costume will be more skimpy than what we could usually expect with a real live actress. I enjoy them all as long as those sexy looking chicks with great legs and skimpy costumes keep getting themselves knocked out cold.

You make a good point. The "drawn" heroines are often portrayed way sexier then most actresses coold live up to. Plus those outfits are so tight it would make it impossible to equal that in real live :)

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 11, 2010 10:24 AM
Cartoon/comics all the way. We have over a hundred Wonder Woman KO scenes. How many are in real life action movies?

Plus, there is so much more variety in comics. Really hard to compare the two.

I run Sleepycomics.com
oldslim1

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 11, 2010 01:35 PM
In the old cliffhanger serials that I used to go see in the theaters when I was a kid there were several actresses that became favorites of mine because they appeared in so many of these cliffhangers and got themselves knocked out so often.
Linda Stirling: TIGER WOMAN
Pamela Blake: GHOST OF ZORRO
Noel Neill: SUPERMAN
All these actresses appeared in so many of these that I think when they took the role of the heroine they must have fully expected to get in on the action and get themselves knocked out cold in a burning building, in a runaway stagecoach, or with a fuse lit on some dyanmite. These are some of the live actresses that I remember as a kid.

Then I also made a lot of trips to the drugstore where the comics were. It was always great to see a new issue of NYOKA, FIGHT COMICS (Tiger Girl) or Wonder Woman or various others and see them get slugged with a blackjack, gun butt, club or whatever and tied up and carried off.

This is a good topic. Glad you presented it and hope others will keep it going.

paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 11, 2010 08:47 PM
As far as sheer quantity goes, there must be 1000 times more DID scenes in comic books than in movies or TV serials. That means the chance to find a 5 star scene is 1000 times greater in comic books simply because of the sheer volume to choose from. That said, there are several scenes from several episodes of the TV Wonder Woman series that show Linda Carter (a perfectly beautiful choice to play Wonder Woman) in 5 star pics . . . the scene of her lassoed with her own magic lasso and forced to allow herself to be chloroformed comes to mind as absolutely 5 stars. There are several others I can remember as well. Still comic books provide a much larger selection.

SGKOfan

View Profile
Post Date: Jul 13, 2010 05:22 PM
Comics/art is great for quantity. Plus there are some great quality scenes. Also some of the commission work is unbelievably good, Mouiser Paul, the site's founder, mhunt. However I do love the live scene. One the girl will most likely be great looking. Next you get a live costume which for me is a bonus. Finally probably the best part is you get sound. One of my favorite things about a good chloro scene is hearing the heroine's struggle under the cloth. Loud and defiant then becoming softer and weaker. Till she's out hopefully signaling her KO with a little sigh.

Page: 1 2
Page creation time: 0.006871