Forum :: Sleepy and Bondage Talk

Page: 1 2
Author

View Profile
Post Date: May 25, 2011 11:03 AM
Is Nancy Drew the youngest victim of repeated knock-outs that anyone knows of. I think Nancy was supposed to be 16 in the original series

View Profile
Post Date: May 25, 2011 02:35 PM
Quote:
Is Nancy Drew the youngest victim of repeated knock-outs that anyone knows of. I think Nancy was supposed to be 16 in the original series

Then upped to 18. She has been the recipient of hundreds of knockouts, mostly blows to the head but many other ways too.

But then, she has been 16/18 for the past 80 years! Must be a contender for most knocked out prose character (as opposed to cartoon/comic/graphics, such as wonder woman, batman and black canary, who are also well up the rankings due to lengthy careers).

oldslim1

View Profile
Post Date: May 25, 2011 03:11 PM
Question: What is the name of the actress who played Nancy Drew in the TV series a few years ago? Because of other commitments I never saw any of those episodes.
Next question: Was there knockouts in the TV series?

View Profile
Post Date: May 25, 2011 05:32 PM
Quote:
Question: What is the name of the actress who played Nancy Drew in the TV series a few years ago? Because of other commitments I never saw any of those episodes.

Pamela Sue Martin, in 1977/8 Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys mysteries. I saw a couple of episodes and do recall Nancy getting gassed out in the back of a taxi.

drewout1

View Profile
Post Date: May 26, 2011 09:21 AM
She also in true Nancy fashion, got chloroformed in one episode after being lured to a warehouse.

I think Nancy must have been knocked out well over 100 times over the years, as well as being knocked on the head, she had been chloroformed dozens of times, had knock-out drops added to her drink, been injected with knock-out serum, gassed with knock-out gas, neck-chopped, fainted after a sleeper hold, fainted after being squeezed by a robot, fainted after being choked from behind, suffered multiple fainting spells after being poisoned in fact, there is probably not a way Nancy has been knocked-out!

drewout1

View Profile
Post Date: May 26, 2011 09:50 AM
There was another actress, Janet Louise Johnson, who took over the role of Nancy Drew from Pamela Sue Martin and she was also knocked-out in an episode called Arson and Old Lace, when she stops to help a recluse but is grabbed from behind and forced into the back of a car, where Nancy is gassed and blacks out. She also faints in this episode when she trys to escape from the recluse and his daughter.

If there were a new Nancy Drew series, anyone have any ideas who should play Nancy and any interesting or unusual ways she should get knocked out. I think if I were writing an hour long episode, I would manage to work in 3 knock out scenes for Nancy. What about someone like Miranda Cosgrove, who is probably just about the right age to play Nancy.

docsavage

View Profile
Post Date: Jun 01, 2011 11:52 PM
Quote:
there is probably not a way Nancy has been knocked-out!

I was comparing her to Fanny Kiekeboe... Was Nancy ever hypnotized?
Fanny was hypnotized in Kiekeboe 62. Of course, you can get away with
more in comics media.

drewout1

View Profile
Post Date: Jun 03, 2011 06:36 AM
Quote:
Quote:
there is probably not a way Nancy has been knocked-out!

I was comparing her to Fanny Kiekeboe... Was Nancy ever hypnotized?
Fanny was hypnotized in Kiekeboe 62. Of course, you can get away with
more in comics media.

I can't remember Nancy being hypnotized however, in the Files story Power of Suggestion,when Emerson College research assistant Wayne Perkins turns up dead, and Ned's frat brother is a suspect, Nancy, who is visiting Ned at his school, becomes involved. Nancy is, of course, knocked-out, drugged and kidnapped and subjected to mind control and brain-washing.

drewout1

View Profile
Post Date: Jun 03, 2011 10:07 AM
Quote:

The one where Nancy gets gassed in the back of a taxi is Lady on Thursday at Ten, where Nancy narrowly escapes two men who attempt to chloroform her and flags down a taxi driven by, you have guessed it, the bad guys boss. Nancy frantically tries to escape but the back of the taxi slowly fill up with knock-out gas and Nancy faints! Think this is also one of the few times Pamela Sue Martin was tied up as Nancy.

drewout1

View Profile
Post Date: Jun 03, 2011 10:40 AM
Quote:

In Nancy Drew and the Voodoo Doll, Nancy walks into a trap and while trying to escape from the villains, runs into the arms of a man wearing a skeleton mask and Nancy faints!

Page: 1 2
Page creation time: 0.009005