Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Forum :: Sleepy and Bondage Talk

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 15, 2009 09:56 AM
Quote:
This Darna series looks very interesting. I'd love to get my hands on some of her old comics.

Also, Phillie isn't far from New York City. We're almost like neighbors!

There are some of her old comics around on the net if you look, but I haven't seen anything that was of interest to this site. Mars Ravelo, the original creator, was nothing like William Moulton Marston. Apparently Darna was more of an idealized mother figure to him, and he seems to have based her off Captain Marvel/Shazam more than Wonder Woman.

Some of the movies may be more relevant to our interests, I have one of them in my NetFlix queue and I'll let you know.

gytalf2000

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 15, 2009 06:02 PM

Yes, and I think that I am the only one who has put himself directly into the "cartooniverse" as a strange, exceedingly odd supervillain with a very
bizarre powers!

http://rafcut.deviantart.com/art/The-Disruptor-vs-Panther-Girl-93693394

Long pinky fingernails which emit disruptive energy?
Can you really get much odder than that?

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 15, 2009 06:17 PM
Quote:

You know gytalf, I think I understand why you designed your villain to have such an odd power. Pinkies represent the ultimate weakspot in humans; it symbolizes weakness.

By designing your villain so that his weakest aspect can defeat a powerful superheroine, you really enhance the sexiness of the KO. Some of the best KO's are when the heroine is defeated unexpectedly by someone weaker than them. It's totally awesome.

I run Sleepycomics.com
gytalf2000

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 16, 2009 08:45 AM
Quote:
Quote:

You know gytalf, I think I understand why you designed your villain to have such an odd power. Pinkies represent the ultimate weakspot in humans; it symbolizes weakness.

By designing your villain so that his weakest aspect can defeat a powerful superheroine, you really enhance the sexiness of the KO. Some of the best KO's are when the heroine is defeated unexpectedly by someone weaker than them. It's totally awesome.

Yes, I like the fact that the Dastardly Disruptor is physically quite weak, but has that unusual energy projection power from a most unexpected source -- ridiculously-long pimky fingernails -- that can easily fell the athletic, sexy Panther Girl!

(I need to have him take on my newest heroine -- the beautiful, busty blonde Polecat!)

TheGentlemenRobber

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 18, 2009 11:04 AM
Well, since you asked so nicely...

- Where you live: UK
- Profession: Medical Statistician
- Interesting fact about yourself: I've been reading comics since I was a toddler, and grew up with the classic titles of the 60's and 70's in the UK - boys and girls (thorughmy older sisters).

It's the quiet, unobvious ones you have to watch
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 19, 2009 01:22 AM
Quote:

- Interesting fact about yourself: I've been reading comics since I was a toddler, and grew up with the classic titles of the 60's and 70's in the UK - boys and girls (thorughmy older sisters).

Nice to meet you! How long have you been visiting sleepycomics.com?

I run Sleepycomics.com
paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 19, 2009 03:18 PM
I am a 55 year old male private school teacher (math, history) in rural area of Southeast Louisana (Katrinaville?!). Interesting fact about myself: at age 6 I was lying on the living room floor near my mother (who, at that moment was in a rocking chair rocking my 2 year old brother to sleep) and I began to copy a picture of Wonder Woman from a comic book laying on the coffee table. As I drew her a very warm feeling came all over me -- it was like I was falling in love with this cartoon I was copying. But I was only six years old!!

Modified on: 2009-12-21 18:38:00
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 19, 2009 03:38 PM
Quote:
As I drew her a very warm feeling came all over me -- it was like I was falling in love with this cartoon I was copying. But I was only six years old!!

Nice to meet you paul. That's a very funny story too. Wonder Woman still makes me feel all "warm" inside.

I run Sleepycomics.com
TheGentlemenRobber

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 19, 2009 05:18 PM
Quote:
Quote:

Nice to meet you! How long have you been visiting sleepycomics.com?

I've lruked for some time now - you have a fantastic store of european DiD and comic art here - but the froum gives me the opportunity to sy I'm here,

It's the quiet, unobvious ones you have to watch
shoutengan

View Profile
Post Date: Sep 23, 2009 06:29 AM
Hi everyone
Where you live: Indonesia
Profession: College student and Trainer
Interesting fact about me: Chloroform is the best ^^

Hope this site will get better and better

That`s it baby, take a deep breath. Sssssshhhhhh
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Page creation time: 0.024325